Partner wanted for Sitka Deer and Black Bear Hunt Alaska

jutter

This year, I was lucky, 10% chance to draw, the DE321 tag, Elk tag for Etolin Island.
I am looking for some one to assist me in this hunt. Past Elk hunting experience a plus. Also available for the Non-resident is Trophy Sitka Deer (2) and Black Bear (1).
Hunt dates are 9/28 - 10/5, approx., weather delays are possible.
Etolin Island is very steep and requires you to be in top physical condition (This is like Goat hunting). Walking poles, such as Leki's are necessary as well as 6 point crampons on your mtn. hiking boots. Helly Hansen Imperfec raingear is highly recommended, as this is the SW of Alaska where is rains A LOT!
I have booked the float plane out of Ketchikan, AK. I will carry a Sat Phone to communication with the pilot. I have all camp gear, all you need is personal gear, sleeping bag, the above mentioned specialized gear, and bring everything under 50# in waterproof bags.
Costs: 600-1000 per person for the float plane, depending on how many meat loads we have. Commercial airlines to Ketchikan via Alaska Airlines is variable depending on where you live and if you have Frequent Flyer points. Food - around 100 each. Incidentals: motel, extra baggage, other meals, etc. Non-Resident Alaska License and Tags costs are on the website. Here is a past hunt describing what they went thru. http://www.thewilddays.com/2011/10/etolin-island-elk- hunt.html
If you wish to join me on this once in a lifetime adventure, please PM so I can answer your questions. I have others who are somewhat interested, but looking for a dedicated bowhunter/hunter. I already have a specific area in mind - a honey hole, knowing it has nice elk, but trophy Sitkas and Black Bear as well, which you'll most like see every day...depending on weather.
PM only, thanks.
Jeff
:D

I'm glad he tested the water... I was thinking about putting up a similar post, but for dall sheep. I would have paid for the flight though.

I'm glad he tested the water... I was thinking about putting up a similar post, but for dall sheep. I would have paid for the flight though.

Please don't tease. This is one fool that would be all over that.

I'm waving the Float Plane fees, so it will only cost you the commercial ticket and incidentals........Any takers??? Pretty sweat deal, harvest 2 bucks and a Black Bear, with the possibility of helping out packing out an elk......

So long as the intra-tent relationship doesn't have to be the same as that shared with your last sheep hunting partner, I imagine you'd receive some positive responses. I'd certainly be interested.

Thanks all for your input, I have found a Partner to help me out.
Best.

Back