Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Leupold warranty issue

PrecisionMarine

I recently sent in to Leupold a 10 year old 4x Rimfire special that had an issue with changing Point Of Impact.. something came loose internally as there was a distinct noise when moving the scope around.
My question concerns Leupold's Customer Service - they had the scope (del. confirmation) for 8 days before they sent me email notice of the repair, that notice indicated they estimate completion in 18 'working days' - another 3-1/2 weeks as the weekends fall.
Additionally, the email referenced being able to check on the status via their website. They've apparently changed the website as no such links exist.
Emailing their CS has provoked NO response after 2 weeks now..

Anyone else have issues with Leupold C.S.? I do realize it may be a seasonally busy time of year, but I don't think this represents the level of service I'd expected from their advertising, nor from my previous experience (10-12 yrs ago, a 24x Target with POI shift, fixed & returned in 8 days)

In my 2 experiences with Leupold C.S. - they've gone "above and beyond" with repairs and service...I'd classify them as some of the best in the business. Give them an email / call and see what is up. My 2 cents

Never had any problems with any premium optics service...Zeiss, Swaro, Leupold

How many sites did you join to post this? Just curious.

Last edited:
"How many sites did you join to post this? Just curious."

***That was exactly my first thought!

Last edited:
I recently sent in to Leupold a 10 year old 4x Rimfire special that had an issue with changing Point Of Impact.. something came loose internally as there was a distinct noise when moving the scope around.
My question concerns Leupold's Customer Service - they had the scope (del. confirmation) for 8 days before they sent me email notice of the repair, that notice indicated they estimate completion in 18 'working days' - another 3-1/2 weeks as the weekends fall.
Additionally, the email referenced being able to check on the status via their website. They've apparently changed the website as no such links exist.

Anyone else have issues with Leupold C.S.? I do realize it may be a seasonally busy time of year, but I don't think this represents the level of service I'd expected from their advertising, nor from my previous experience (10-12 yrs ago, a 24x Target with POI shift, fixed & returned in 8 days)
I have never had an issue with them and their CS has always been on point with me...give them a call and see whats up.....:cool:

Actually, a response in a week and your scope back in another 3-4 weeks sounds pretty good. One of the problems with email is that we all expect (certainly my boss does) that if it is on my computer, I should have an answer.

I had a new in the box from them that was out of parralax last year. I called then and they were saying that 4 - 5 week turnaround stuff which kinda ticked me off. So I went out and bought another brand because I didn't want to wait. Sent the scope in to Leopould.....and had it back in a week!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back