FS:Leupold 6.5-20 VX-III

dustinf

I was searching for a specific rifle/caliber combination. When I finally found the combo I was looking for, it was used and topped with this scope.

Leupold 6.5-20x40mm, VX-III Long Range, side focus, with a fine duplex reticle. The glass is scratch free and in excellent condition.

The only sign of being a used scope is ring marks on the scope body. They aren't scratches, but you can see the outline of the mounting rings.

$500 to your door, USPS money order or Paypal(+3%)

Click the pictures to see full size version:

From my experience selling things on the internet I'd say your prices are too high. If you arent getting bites on this site or e-bay that is a good indication. Most people are looking for a deal. Better off to offer it up cheaper on this site or similar ones as e-bay fees add up quick on high ticket items from my experience.

:confused:
From my experience selling things on the internet I'd say your prices are too high. If you arent getting bites on this site or e-bay that is a good indication. Most people are looking for a deal. Better off to offer it up cheaper on this site or similar ones as e-bay fees add up quick on high ticket items from my experience.

The scope sold for $700+ new. The VX-3 version sells for around $750 new.

Mine is in near perfect condition.

I can wait.

:confused:

The scope sold for $700+ new. The VX-3 version sells for around $750 new.

Mine is in near perfect condition.

I can wait.

Doesn't matter what it sold for when you bought it. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it now.

I watch e-bay constantly for used binos and spotting scopes as I'm always looking for a deal and they usually bring around 1/2 of new retail price depending on the brand. Some brands do better than others. Good luck selling your stuff.

Doesn't matter what it sold for when you bought it. It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it now.

I watch e-bay constantly for used binos and spotting scopes as I'm always looking for a deal and they usually bring around 1/2 of new retail price depending on the brand. Some brands do better than others. Good luck selling your stuff.

There are 3 selling for $500+ on ebay right now.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360484299255&index=3&nav=SEARCH&nid=48155509970
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=271128592199&index=8&nav=SEARCH&nid=10812684410
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=170963760199&index=10&nav=SEARCH&nid=10202126020

I'm selling it for $450 shipped here.

I'm not sure what the point of your post is...

EBay listing at $520 with zero bids is not the same as selling. I understand the concept of an offer. Not the same as a done deal. Hunting seasons are mostly over so demand might be weak as holiday bills pile up for paycheck to paycheck types.

EBay listing at $520 with zero bids is not the same as selling. I understand the concept of an offer. Not the same as a done deal. Hunting seasons are mostly over so demand might be weak as holiday bills pile up for paycheck to paycheck types.

Again, what is your point?

The average asking price is around $500. I'm asking $450 shipped. Which is about $430 for the scope.

I don't think that is out of line. I already said, that I can wait for the right buyer.

Yep. Listing without bids aren't the same as cash in your pocket..

Dustin,

Sounds like you have it all figured out and don't need/want to listen to anbodys advice. Good luck selling your stuff.

dustinf,

Your scope price isnt out of line, it looks to be a clean scope thats been taken care of.

I think the bigger problem may be that its a bit much for an average big-game hunting rifle...more of a target or varmint scope. Certainly could be used on a big-game rifle though.

If it had the leupold dot or target dot...I'd consider taking it off your hands for the price you're asking.

I think the bigger problem may be that its a bit much for an average big-game hunting rifle...more of a target or varmint scope. Certainly could be used on a big-game rifle though.

That's exactly the reason I pulled it off the rifle I bought. Thanks for adding some perspective.

Just because it doesn't appeal to a specific person, doesn't mean it has no value.

Sounds like you have it all figured out and don't need/want to listen to anbodys advice.

Where did you give any advice about selling a Leupold VX-III riflescope?

You said you research binos and spotting scopes on ebay. According to your experience certain brands sell for 50% of there list price.

You've added nothing relevent to this thread.

Where did you give any advice about selling a Leupold VX-III riflescope?

You said you research binos and spotting scopes on ebay. According to your experience certain brands sell for 50% of there list price.

You've added nothing relevent to this thread.
Was just giving you my experience with what I have seen optics sell for on e-bay, where you said your scope didn't sell. Also dropping your bow $5 isn't going to do much to excite buyers. You are awfully cocky for someone who can't sell thier stuff and keeps bumping it to the top.

Your a Tool who just wants to argue. Have fun with that.

Last edited:
Was just giving you my experience with what I have seen optics sell for on e-bay, where you said your scope didn't sell. Also dropping your bow $5 isn't going to do much to excite buyers. You are awfully cocky for someone who can't sell thier stuff and keeps bumping it to the top.

Your a Tool who just wants to argue. Have fun with that.

I don't want to argue, you're the one questioning the price and posting comments about something you have no interest in buying.

I don't want to argue, you're the one questioning the price and posting comments about something you have no interest in buying.

Actually I have forwarded this thread to a few friends who are looking to buy scopes for rifle projects. One of them idicated he would be interested if the price dropped a little bit more becasue that isn't really the reticle he wanted. That is why I was feeling you out on price, not questioning it at all. It's your stuff and you can price it any way you want. Your price is not out of line, it just isn't low enough to sell on e-bay by your own admission. I have bought and sold nearly a dozen different optics on e-bay in the last year and have some experience I was passing on to you. :W:

bump....someone buy the damned thing & end the madness.:D

I would but being from Texas, it needs an 80MM objective.:hump:

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mttedoc
Back