Which Bino would you suggest

blue devil

Wondering if there is an affordable binocular out there, around $400 or less that is suggested. I have some Nikon 10X42 right now, but after my 24' fall, the left side just doesn't focus quite right. I really like the compact style, but seeing if there is any other brand/size that is a good fit?

I know they are more than $400 so I'm not following the rules of your post. But for not too much more the Cabelas Euro glass is pretty good stuff. It is in an entirely different class. I have Swarovski now but if I had to replace on a budget I would go with the Euro.

The Vortex Diamondbacks 10x50s for around $250.

$T2eC16NHJGYE9nooh,EIBQk-yCr+Kg~~60_12.JPG

or the Viper HDs 10 x 42s for around $600.

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg1vZBQpLO5Of)w~~60_57.JPG

I have the Diamondbacks and they work great for me and my friend has the Viper HDs. Both are good.

PM Schmaltz. He's got the deal on Theron Wapiti ED 10 x 42's for around $350. Tough to beat on that price point

Really like my zen ray summit 10x42's for around $215. They perform very well. My only complaint is that when it is hot out the hinge doesnt hold well. Seems like they must be over lubricated or something. Other than that I love them. Stared through them a lot last season and spotted a lot of game I never would have with my old binos.

If Nikon won't fix them for free . . . . definitely go with Schmaltz!

...that's a good buy dustin.

From Cabela's Q&A
Cabela's Outfitter Series™ 10x42 Binoculars, listed as item IK-713685 are an updated version of the previous Steiner Outfitter. Exteriors are virtually the same, but the glass has been upgraded to HD (High Definition) in conjunction with improved lens surface coatings. This translates to better performance in low light conditions, such as early morning and late evenings.
The Steiner Predator Extreme binoculars use lenses with their Color Adjusted Transmission technology coatings that are optimized for high contrast and light transmission. Their claim is to help penetrate foliage and sharpen vision.

Does it have CAT coatings same as Steiner Pred Supreme?

...that's a good buy dustin.

Does it have CAT coatings same as Steiner Pred Supreme?

I'm not sure, I bought mine in December 2010. They went on sale for $499, so I bought them right away. Of course, something like 33 days later Cabelas marked them down to $399. I called, and they wouldn't refund my $100. I bitched enough to get a $100 gift card.

I've watched them since then, they weren't available for a while, and then the model I posted the link to, showed up for $600. Just this month, I saw them for $399.

Mine are labeled "high definition", and have the rubber tabs on the eyecup. Other than that, I don't know how different they are.

Sorry, phone pics:
3F85D2C5-48BB-45D2-9A65-9D099AC3D844-12999-00000CDE5ADDBEE9.jpg

480D67A9-B6B9-42EB-9DCC-0D268CA32098-12999-00000CDE68B33472.jpg

Last edited:
I have Vortex Viper and my sons each have Vortex Diamondbacks, really happy the binos and the scopes I have from Vortex. At the same time, I've bought stuff from Predator Optics and if he has what you want buy it with confidence, it's a great place to buy.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back