Colorado 3rd Rifle Season Elk

EODRay

I am going third rifle season Elk hunting in a couple of weeks (3-11 Nov). I have two hunting partners that will only be able to hunt long weekends. From Mon night till Thursday night, they have to work. I plan on staying out there either way but if someone else is free and wants to partner up, let me know.

There are still over the counter bull taggs available, which is what I have. I live in Colorado Springs and plan on being in/around area 55 (Gunnison, Pitkin area). I haven't decided if I'm using the camper or tent (leaning twords tent).

You would be welcome to join us for the entire time.

Anyone game?
Ray

That is a great offer. That high country should get interesting that late. Have you been in there before? If I was not already tied up, that would be a tempting trip just to hang out at camp if nothing else.

I have been doing some scouting in the area but my plans just changed. I will now be hunting area 43 (haven't done any scouting there yet). This is because there are plenty of left over cow tags that I can use in conjunction with my OTC bull tag.

I would mutch rather have the option for both. Time to do some more map and foot recons.

I will be South of Gunnison (unit 66), probably near Powderhorn. I am planning on tenting it, but will see what happens with the weather. I have buck mule deer and cow elk tags, so I plan to be out there the entire season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back