MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

NFL Refs

OriginalOscar

Ok I admit being sore because my Broncos lost and accept 3 interceptions a fumble and poor play cost us the game.

That said it's painful watching the replacement refs. The NFL needs to get the real refs back asap. Grandpa and dad always said scab labor isn't worth a damn and now I see proof first hand.

On the bright side it's another reason to turn off the game and go hunting.

I agree, I'd like to see the regular refs back too. But then what will all the donkey fans have to blame the losses on after that?

Hahahaha, Go Chargers!!

P.S. On a side note, are the replacements that bad or are we just used to the regulars letting certain things slide?

I happen to think that the replacements are doing a decent job. (NOT PERFECT). Try and tell me that NOT ONE regular ref ever misssed a call.... if that was so we would not have instant reply. These guys have just started working together as a TEAM. The old guys have worked together for years.

My biggest complaint is the announcers... more HOLY then anyone and never make a mistake. After every penatly the announcers must analyze and try a pick apart the penalty. As stated the coaches and players are now trying to "work" these replacemens unlike how theye treated the regular refs. I listened to the Vikings game the other day (on the radio) and the announcer went on forever, using every adjective to describe what "he" thought was a bad call. Talk about piling on. Lets talk abou all the calls that they are getting correct. They had a great overturn for a Denver touchdown last night... got it right.

Just my thoughts. Your other option... shut the season down.

good luck to all
the dog

The refs aren't as bad as Gruden.
LOL! Commentating is not "Chucky's" strong suit... :D

I think the lack of control of the game and how long things are taking to get back to the game are the worst parts of the replacement refs. The little dust up last night after the Moreno fumble took about 8mins to get back to playing football. I think they are doing an okay job on making the actual calls. I also agree that the sidelines and players are treating these new refs the same as 3rd graders treat the substitute teacher... :rolleyes:

I also agree that the sidelines and players are treating these new refs the same as 3rd graders treat the substitute teacher...

....sorta like the WR sheep thread?:D

It's always easier to kick the little dog instead of the big dog. The fans will complain no matter what but the fact of the matter is the the Big Dog (NFL Refs) want way to much money for their part time jobs. So the teams and fans have to suffer for their greed. I think the media should focus on that as much as they do the replacement refs! C'mon Man

MIGHTY Fowlcoons and Ryan Express with Gonzo, Roddy and Who-lee-o could only score 10 points after four turnovers in first period....BAD REALLY BAD call kept the ball in Fowlcoons hands in 4th and kept Bronks from having a chance to win....period! Not they wud have, Manning cud have still been doing his Farve impression and thrown another interception....but bad call cost a possession...

Grandpa and dad always said scab labor isn't worth a damn and now I see proof first hand.

Bullshit. How can you expect someone to step in and do the same job of someone who's been doing it for years?

I think the "union" refs suck just as bad as the ones we have now.

I think Steve Young got it right in the commentary after the game when he said the NFL just doesn't care. Bad refereeing and bad calls isn't going to stop people from watching the games, so why should the NFL be in a big hurry to negotiate and come to a deal with the ref union...

I blame the league for not getting the best refs they can in the games. But yep, I'm still watchin so what do they care.

I think Steve Young got it right in the commentary after the game when he said the NFL just doesn't care. Bad refereeing and bad calls isn't going to stop people from watching the games, so why should the NFL be in a big hurry to negotiate and come to a deal with the ref union...

I was thinking about this the other day. Why didn't the players union step up and take the side with the refs? You'd think unions would stick together, especially ones that are so closely connected. Then again, they (players) got their's so what do they care now.

I'll still watch when I have time.

Being a die hard Falcons fan from the time they were established, I was also a bit upset with some of the calls, but I don't believe I've ever seen a football game pro or college that didn't have a few officiating errors. Once again, I see the media making more out of it, than needs to be..........sort of like the media and it's hatred of Romney!!!

I was thinking about this the other day. Why didn't the players union step up and take the side with the refs? You'd think unions would stick together, especially ones that are so closely connected. Then again, they (players) got their's so what do they care now.

I'll still watch when I have time.

plus, the players may feel like they can intimidate these refs a little more than the regulars. heard that comment this past weekend when another receiver was looking for a pass interference call.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back