MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bozeman area taxidermist

rmyoung1

Who would you guys in the Bozeman area recommend for taxidermy work?

I've use Terry Suhr in Belgrade. He's been great. I know of at least one other person on here who uses him too. Kelly Wild, also in Belgrade, was recommended but I didn't have a good experience with him. I've never seen any of his work though.

Andres Taxidermy.

Great prices, great work but slow.

I can deal with that with the slow as long as the first two are true.

406-388-7226 - Jerry Andres - 2950 Outlaw Lane, Belgrade MT 59714

Andres is good, but slow is an understatement. It took 11 months to get a European back. That was about 10 years ago though.

Andres. He's done almost every mount I or my wife have had done for the last 15 or so years. The couple he didn't do I regretted not taking to him.

8fc96d5e.jpg

c7907166.jpg

70992498.jpg

be8b7a39.jpg

2336992c.jpg

2bfb40c2.jpg

e5023789.jpg

5277216f.jpg

003.jpg

001-1.jpg

img_0284.jpg

lionskull2.jpg

lionskull06.jpg

Sorry for all the pics guess I had a few.

Another for Jerry Andres. Europeans are easy enough to do yourself. I've never had to wait over a year that I remember for much of anything.

I've had great luck with Mulinix Taxidermy. Way less wait than Andres and just as good IMO.

Hey, guys, thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it. And thanks for the pictures, mtlion.

Last edited:
I've enjoyed going to Terry Suhr, and although I haven't shopped around much I would highly doubt you can beat his prices.

I've had great luck with Mulinix Taxidermy. Way less wait than Andres and just as good IMO.

I wouldn't take anything on the planet to Mullinix Taxidermy. He might be less wait but there is a reason. Buddy of mine had the worst experience I've ever heard of with a taxidermist with this guy.

I'm switching to Jerry Andres..............does great work. All taxidermists are slow. Just keep harrassing them and they speed things up:)

All time worst is Kirby King. Might as well throw your stuff in the garbage before giving it to that douchebag.

Cash can be King with a taxidermist as well. They seem to enjoy a little "unaccounted" for money and usually reward you with a little more speedy delivery.

I've only had Jerry do the 4 mounts that I have in my house.

I wouldn't take anything on the planet to Mullinix Taxidermy. He might be less wait but there is a reason. Buddy of mine had the worst experience I've ever heard of with a taxidermist with this guy.

I'm switching to Jerry Andres..............does great work. All taxidermists are slow. Just keep harrassing them and they speed things up:)

Wow. Thanks for the heads up! I guess I dodged a bullet....or five actually. I've had him do two muley shoulder mounts, a bear rug, and two elk euros. Never had anything but perfect results. A couple guys I know have used him way more than I with same results.
I'm sure with any business, there is a disgruntled complainer out there. To be clear, I've heard nothing but good about Andres. My brother in law has used him a ton and his elk mounts look great.

Fast forward to 2020:

Is Andres still the top choice? I thought he was hanging it up but he still seems to be open.

My experience:
Mulinix RIP served me well. I paid up front he did a quality job.
King did my best mount...took forever.
Andres scoffed at one of my antelope and ruined the mount.
Wild was a former neighbor. Flung a housecat out the front door and gunned it down. Watched him drunkenly roll around on the ground with small pig.
Might be some suspicious scruples. :)
Tough business attracts all types.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back