Nhl

idelkhntr

I'm a huge hockey fan, more particularly a Chicago Blackhawks fan. I lived in a suburb of Chicago for 23 years before heading out west to Idaho. Is there anyone else that is just sickened by the thought of another lost hockey season because of a labor dispute? Didn't the NHL learn anything from the last time? Do they really think that the fans will come back after the second work stoppage in eight years?

This is completely ridiculous if you ask me. The owners are wanting to take everything away from the players because salaries have gotten out of hand. This summer's free agency has seen ridiculous money thrown at players for lengths that put a player way past their prime. If I am not mistaken it is the owners throwing this money at the players. This time it is the smaller market teams doing it. So if you don't want to pay ridiculous salaries don't offer them. How is that the players fault. If my boss came up to me and said "Randy, here is the deal. We are going to pay you three times market value for your talents for a contract length that puts you way past your ability to do your job productiviely. Is that OK?", I'm signing that contract in a heartbeat.

My advice to the owners of NHL franchises is this. If you don't like the system, then get all owners on the same page and stop offering these types of contracts. Pay the players for what their value is on the ice, not the inflated version. Limit the length of years you sign the player to. And do all of this as a unified unit and make it an unwritten rule that isn't in the contract. If an owner breaks the rule, the rest of the owners simply refuse to make any types of deals with that team in the future. Owners - you set the system, live with it.

I said I wouldn't go back after the last labor dispute and I did anyway after a few years. I would love to say that I won't go back this time, But the winters get long and at some point I will need my hockey fix. Anyway, don't mean to rant, but these sports labor disputes have gotten way out of hand.

I thought this was a post about the real NHL.... The Nock Hockey League. Sorry couldn't resist, grew up playing nock hockey at the Boys Club.

I agree with your post though, It'll really suck if there isn't a season or they lock out the players for any period of time. I know guys that were huge baseball fans that don't follow the MLB any more because of all their stupid owner/player crap...I don't think I could stop being a hockey fan but It'll jack up my winter if they get locked out and I aint watching Basketball.....

Having just moved to Idaho from Hawaii our family is looking froward to going to some Steelhead games in Boise. If there's a lockout will it effect the AA teams too?

Jonesy

I would be perfectly ok if they didn't play. I could find something else to watch like say golf or better yet the back of my eyelids

I have not been to see the Steelheads. I live in Southeast Idaho and only get to Boise maybe once or twice a year. I'll definitely check them out if I get out there while they are playing.

Good thing wolf hunting extends hunting season until march. At least we get ice in Bozeman next sunday. Got the blades sharpened last week. almost time to loose a tooth. :D

Back