Caribou Gear Tarp

Petiton to bar OYOA from airing

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, if you want to see On Your Own Adventures taken off the air, here is your chance. They want to put pressure on the producer to stop airing this. I am the producer of the show, so I doubt they will have much luck convincing me to stop airing this show or to stop talking about wolf management. They might have more success trying to put pressure somewhere else.

How funny that the poll is sponsored by the Center for Biological Diversity, who happens to one of the groups who has a hurt bottom, after the Simpson-Tester bill passed and gave MT and ID state control. I suspect this is another way for them to fire up the money machine that stalled after their continued legal efforts got wiped out in all the Federal courts.

Least they could have done is watched the show and got their facts straight. But, it is much easier to take the NY Times article and restate that article in a way to raise the most money, truth and facts be damned. Oh well, I would expect such from that group.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/873/392/276/?cid=Facebook_petition_wolf-tv-show

I will post some of the emails their members have sent me. It will make for some good entertainment.

If you want to send some support to the sponsors and the network, it would help at a time when they are getting bombarded by form emails such as the ones generated from this petition.

Sponsor email links provided at this thread ------------> http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=249657

They would love to know you appreciate their support of our show and their support of these specific episodes.

From "frel" about two minutes ago
Comments: I have heard that Randy Newberg has been killing wolves and I am extremely opposed to this. I believe that the needless and senseless killing of animals that are listed as endangered is wrong. There are 7 billion human beings. We're over populating the planet and as a result we seem think it's okay to eradicate every other species. It is not okay. We would not appreciate it if an alien race or people of another country hunted us to near extinction and then continued hunting us. Please stop making this show and please stop killing these animals. Thank you.

Wonder if this was supposed to be a threat?

Name: Dawn Shrader

Comments: So, killing wolves is the most fun you've ever had? Well, mind ye always the rule of three, what ye sends forth comes back to thee. You'll soon know exactly what that means. Killing an animal witha high powered rifle is hardly sporting. Why don't you try hand to hand combat, Pussy! At least I would respect that more if the animal had a fighting chance.

Heavy intellectual content here.

Name: Barb Flanigan

Comments: Hey, you sure are a "real man" for having the capability of slaughtering an endangered species like the wolf with your big high powered gun!
In reality, I have always found that the bigger the gun that a so-called "man" carries, the SMALLER HIS DICK IS!!!!

A real man does not have to prove himself by shooting wolves.

Gotta love the inability of some to put a name with their comments.

Name: Kiss my ass

Comments: You people are sick and mentally disturbed. I wish all who are part of this "organization" nothing but failure and doom

If that's all the better they can do, they better get outta here before things get serious. ;)

Name: Jens Hansen

Comments: Randy Newberg is a dickless coward!

Obviously, none of these people watched the show to see who actually killed the wolf, nor did the person who started the petition, mostly a recital of a few selected comments in the NY Times article. A good example of how spoonfeeding works well in today's society.

I would ask a "real man" to step forward and reply to Elizabeth, but since all men I know are hunters, I am not sure any would meet her definition.

Name: Elizabeth Vogt

Comments: Randy Newberg and your producers are worse than barbarians for killing this Montana wolf. If you can\'t eat it, then don\'t hunt it. You have no respect for nature, no respect for life in general and deserve no respect from the public. None of you qualifies as being a real man.

Imagine how fast ATF, FBI, et al would be expected to respond if I sent angela the same email she sent me. :confused:

Name: angela

Comments: Doing this for fun?? Sick. Can you run around while I point a high powered rifle at you? It would be the "funnest" thing I've done in years.

News flash for Ted - The FCC is not too worried about hunting shows that give a side to the wolf issue that never gets heard. They probably have some real issues on their plate. Maybe Ted wants to have the FCC suppress "Freedom of speech" and those other non-essential rights that get in the way of his opinion.

Name: Ted Kirby

Comments: I am beyond disgusted by the televised show tonight of someone pursuing their "own adventure" of the public display of killing a wolf on television. I am even surprised the FCC lets you do this. I find this action heinous, deplorable, and utterly despicable. Who are we to rob these amazing creatures of their quality of life and dignity? 1) I think the killing of wolves for pure sport is barbaric 2) Even televising it is pure scumbag sickening.
Ted Kirby
Phoenix, Arizona

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that I, and most others on this site, have done more for wildlife and their habitat than any of those who have signed the petition, including Danielle. But, let's not confuse emotional rants by interjecting any fact to the discussion. :eek:

Name: Danielle

Comments: You should be off the air pronto- funny to kill an animal that struggles against odds that would kill you in two days? You think thats worthy SHAME ON YOU
I will boycott your sponsors and let them know - you should be restoring the wild - not destroying it - you are worthless cowards with no brains or heart

Obviously another person who did not watch the episode. Most would say that taking a hit off the pipe lit by a mis/uninformed person, then taking the comments of that person to be the foundation of your communication, falls close to the boundary of "idiocy," or is at least a good way to reach goal line of foolshood. Keep trying J., I am sure you can get there.

Name: J. Merrick

Comments: Randy Newberg is an idiot to say killing a wolf is "the funniest thing" he's ever done. People like him have no compassion for other living beings human or animal. He is nothing but a piece of dirt.

This is the stuff that made it through my SPAM filter today. I am sure many more will follow. Enjoy the entertainment.

How could you kill an endangered species?...wait they're not endangered?

No biologists weighed in on the species!....wait biologist weighed in on the conclusion that they've recovered?

You killed all day wolves!....wait you specifically said they should be managed just like All other species who have been successfully managed over the last 100 years?

You're a portal veinless coward Randy.

I hope to join some of the idiots for killing a wolf. It is a small crowd.

I wonder if these people know how much they entertain us?

Beyond belief! Surprised that this crap didn't hit the fan sooner. Myself, at a loss for words to respond to these nutcases.

Had to know this was coming, nothing surprising.

Whats funny to me, is that all these "concerned" people who are making the comments had NO time to attend meetings, attend hearings, get on the planning committees, etc. regarding wolf management. But, they do have plenty of time to whine about a legal hunt of a fully recovered species now.

The amount of time, effort, and most importantly money that hunters have poured into wolf recovery/management is the ONLY reason these people even have a reason to complain about a legal hunt.

If wildlife management of any kind was left up to the Center for Biological Diversity...they'd have to change their name to "not shit for biological diversity". They have contributed absolutely nothing to any kind of wildlife management...their only contribution has been running static on those actually getting the work done.

They'll never be happy, mainly because they've done nothing to be happy about...ever.

I like the one that talks about how using helicopters is wrong. Apparently I missed Randy downing wolves from his helicopter. Bummer... :D

Name: Danielle

Comments: You should be off the air pronto- funny to kill an animal that struggles against odds that would kill you in two days? You think thats worthy SHAME ON YOU
I will boycott your sponsors and let them know - you should be restoring the wild - not destroying it - you are worthless cowards with no brains or heart

Do you think RMEF, Federal, Howa, etc. are going to miss Danielle's dollars???

The wolf episode was great, got home from work at about midnight - instead of going to bed I watched your show. Keep up the good work Randy!

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back