Camp coffee pot

Looks good but too much extra to carry for me.I just use the starbucks instant stuff and it tastes really good;surprisingly

I use a gsi aluminum tea kettle that holds about a quart, and all the folgers coffee packets, or the filter packets from hotels I stay at all year long. Kettle is short and squat, so it boils quickly, throw in a packet, let it simmer for a couple of minutes and I'm good. Some mornings that's just emergency coffee till the big perculator gets done, but it's about a 5 minute deal. When car camping with the whole family I carry a melitta filter holder, and just let it drip into my thermos, then I've got hot coffee for the inevitable trip to go look at something, drive through the park, or purchase something that someone has forgotten.( works great for coffee when I get back to the truck from hiking, too)

link to pot
http://www.amazon.com/GSI-Outdoors-Halulite-Kettle-Ounce/dp/B0018BLKOU/ref=pd_sim_sg_1

folgers
http://www.folgers.com/products/filter-packs/classic-roast-filter-packs/index.aspx

Thanks guys. I've never gotten instant coffee to taste worth a crap...lol I like this pot because it's small and won't take up alot of room in my camping tote.

When I'm truck camping I use a Nissan thermal coffee press. If I am limited on what I can carry, I use coffee bags. I have a Mr. Coffee stove top drip coffee maker, but have never used it.

It looks like wgiles beat me to it. I use the same. I had never heard of a french press until about a year ago. I have used the Folgers singles for a few years, and they're OK.

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-Nissan-34-Ounce-Insulated-Stainless-Steel/dp/B00004S1DB/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1344810412&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=nissan+thermos+press

I haven't used mine in hunting camp yet, but it did great on a family camping trip. Since I almost always have hot water on hand in camp, I can just pour some in this and it's ready to go in about 4 minutes. It does a great job of keeping it hot for a long time.

The only downside I have found so far is having to use very coarse-ground beans. Standard drip-grind stuff will slip by the press screen and get grit in the coffee.

We like the french press so much, we got rid of the drip coffee machine at home to save counter space.

Paul

On my last deployment someone sent me some of the Starbucks instant coffee. Initially I didn't even use them because I have never tasted an instant coffee that didn't taste like crap or fully disolve. Once I finally tried it, I was shocked. I told my wife to send more to me and eventually, that was about all I drank. No grit, any flavor you want (usually bold for me) and it's ready as soon as you have hot water.
Recently, I bought a new jetboil that came with the coffee kit. I haven't used it yet though.

The Starbucks VIA. Weighs nothing, instant coffee that is actually made out of coffee unlike the junk instants. All they did was micro grind it. Fast and strong.

Not cheap but when you need medicine you need medicine.

Khunter.....love the signature line. We call them "cocaine donuts" for their white powered deliciousness!

Khunter.....love the signature line. We call them "cocaine donuts" for their white powered deliciousness!

My dad buys them about every time we go hunting. I call them 'Fat Pills'! He really loves that! LOL

Back