Love this place!

Plagioclase

I just joined a few days ago but have been to this website numerous times in the past. Been following Randy and OYOA since it started - love the show. I looked over alot of these threads and am impressed with the info shared by everyone - very cool.

I put together a DIY elk hunt every year and have a good group of guys that go. We have done pretty good in recent years but it takes a bit of planning.

I'd be interested in joining forces on DIY hunts if anyone has a good idea. I've hunted PA, OH, NY, TN, AL, WY, CO, ID, Quebec, Ontario and have a few contacts in those areas. I'd like to do a spot/stalk blackbear hunt and have some info for both spring and fall hunts in AK. I'd also like to do an antelope and/or mule deer hunt in WY.

Full disclosure on a couple of points: I don't drink in camp. I'm not opposed to having a beer but had two really bad experiences with camp drinkers. Not to get into details but I had a friend that will never go hunting with me again because of his drinking antics. I have no sense of humor with camp drunks. I'm also family oriented and take members of my family with me on occassion. Don't see the need for or humor of four letter words in every sentence. Also expect everyone to pull their own weight. Been on a few hunts with people that don't - they normally don't get invited back.

Enough with that.

Any ideas for DIY hunts?

Welcome to our little part of the hunting world; warts, scabs, and all.

Look forward to some of your stories and pics.

I just joined a few days ago but have been to this website

Full disclosure on a couple of points: I don't drink in camp. I'm not opposed to having a beer but had two really bad experiences with camp drinkers. Not to get into details but I had a friend that will never go hunting with me again because of his drinking antics. I have no sense of humor with camp drunks. I'm also family oriented and take members of my family with me on occassion. Don't see the need for or humor of four letter words in every sentence. Also expect everyone to pull their own weight. Been on a few hunts with people that don't - they normally don't get invited back.

Enough with that.

Any ideas for DIY hunts?

My thoughts exactly.

Not sounding like a barrel of laughs. All the points are fine but the delivery stinks. :confused: Saying "hi, let's hunt together, stranger, but let's be damn (oops, four letter word, damn, oops again, gosh....) sure you do everything my way or the highway" just is not sounding like an inviting start to joining forces what must be a give and take relationship to be workable. My application is not forthcoming:W:

Last edited:
Welcome. I agree with Khunter just a little though. Having a successful hunting/fishing partner requires a lot of give and take on both sides and sometimes a little patience. There has to be middle ground, not one controlling the entire situation. I've been down that road with a previous fishing partner and let's just say that we have not fished together for years. That being said, I totally agree with you on the drinking. In my humble opinion there is no place for it in hunting camp. You can celebrate the experience of the hunt afterwards. Good luck to you.

Dude, I usually get hammered the very first night and then lay in the tent on opening day. Usually the second day I eat most of the food and then I have the craps the rest of the week. I once get real drunk and pissed (not a 4 letter word) on my hunting partner to show dominance and mark my territory. We will have to stop ever half hour in the woods so I can take a few drags of my smokes though. I'm looking forward to our adventures together. I'm glad you found this site because it seems like fate or something that we should hunt together. Where to first brah?

I spent most of my adult life in the military. So, I'd be pretty offended if my hunting buddies DIDN'T swear and drink and go to titty bars with me when we hunt. Hunting camp is a time away from our women and a time for guys to be guys. Yes, I take my hunting seriously...in daylight hours. I don't drink if I'm going to have a gun in my hand. But, evenings around the campfire, or hanging out in town, or seeing the local sights (titty bar), are a long standing tradition in my life. So, I guess we won't be hunting together, and that's ok with me. I have a group of hunting buddies that we all fit in together.

This thread isn't so smug now and much more light hearted. I value everyones opinions, but come on man, that's not how you introduce yourself!

Starting with Harleys funny but hopefully not true post, to WV eating all the food and pissing on his hunting partner, to Johns trips to the titty bars...I was LMAO (is that considered a 4 letter word?)!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back