Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Looking for Washington State hunt partner

planehunter

Hi All,
I'm just getting back into hunting this year after being out for over 18 years. Actually I've never hunted in Washington, a job transfer brought me here from Colorado in 1996. Now I have the time to hunt, but am lost about the best way to begin. I use to hunt alot of game in CO. but am mainly interested in Mule deer in WA. So I was hoping there was someone out there that could use ( or allow ) an extra camp member for this comming rifle deer season. I live in Vancouver, WA but am will to help out and travel as needed to "earn" my place in camp. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am a little older than some, but can go farther and hunt harder than most.

Thanks for your help............:)

If you've got extra time, I might suggest trying a High Buck Hunt in Sep, in one of the available wilderness areas, It's beautiful country up there, and being from CO, I would assume you feel at home up there. Theres plenty of good units on the east side, its all about being off the road to find those old boys! Hard hunting, and best of luck to ya!!

I'm assuming you are a rifle hunter?

If so, I would second the High Buck option. It is a very popular hunt, so it may take you several years to find a location that is really good. Another option is to hunt the wilderness areas during the general season. You'll be hunting the same deer with much less competition.

I bowhunt the east side, so I'm not your best source of info. Good luck.

An area you might look into hunting is around Wallup Lake. Good elk hunting area, and it holds a lot of deer. I never did deer hunt it, but did pretty good for elk. Once you get something, take it to Stewarts meat in Roy, Wa. That meat cutting shop is worth the drive from Vancouver and they have fresh exotic meats. Take a number, you'll be standing in line. The place is fantastic .:D Good luck let us know what you come up with and how it works out for you.

An area you might look into hunting is around Wallup Lake. Good elk hunting area, and it holds a lot of deer. I never did deer hunt it, but did pretty good for elk. Once you get something, take it to Stewarts meat in Roy, Wa. That meat cutting shop is worth the drive from Vancouver and they have fresh exotic meats. Take a number, you'll be standing in line. The place is fantastic .:D Good luck let us know what you come up with and how it works out for you.

I grew up in roy my entire life, stewarts has gotten really expensive over the last several years. They have good products but really expensive.
I dont suggest taking your game there during rifle season; they get over run with guys dropping their deer off coming out of vail tree farm and their quality has really gone down hill.

I grew up in roy my entire life, stewarts has gotten really expensive over the last several years. They have good products but really expensive.
I dont suggest taking your game there during rifle season; they get over run with guys dropping their deer off coming out of vail tree farm and their quality has really gone down hill.

They are a little more expensive than most, but they did a good job for us in the past. I was stationed at mcchord for 4 years, 2 years ago. They may have gone down hill, but that wouldn't stop me from going back to see for myself.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes, I am currently getting back into rifle hunting, but I use to do alot of bow hunting in CO also. IMO there are no bad ways to hunt if it gets you into the woods. I am leaning towards the east side to hunt because I prefer more open areas, and a little dryer, lol. In the summer time our humidity levels could get into single digits in Colorado. I am looking for someone who wouldn't mind having another person to hunt with who will carry their own weight. Anywhere in the state is fine with me because I am willing to drive a ways to get a chance to hunt Mule deer. Also, if any one has some good areas to recommend, I would appreciate that too. Keep the comments comming...:hump: Thanks!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back