Yeti GOBOX Collection

Mystery Ranch Tent sale

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just back from the big event, rain, wind, and all. Showed up about a half hour early, but seems the crowd had already convinced the boys to open up shop, causing the really good deals to be picked over. The NICE frames, Crew Cabs, and Longbows were gone before I even got in the tent.

Saw one guy with about 8 packs, even loading down his girlfriend with gear. Not sure if he is starting a retail operation, or if he just wants one for each day of the week.

Did find some really cool stuff. Was able to snag the last of the Optifade NICE frames for a screaming deal. Gonna go over to the shop and get a foliage yoke put on in in the coming weeks, and probably add a Longbow or Crew Cab bag. Thinking I will put it up for a prize here as a fund raiser, if guys are willing to donate $10 for the chance to win the pack. Whatever we raise beyond my cost to get it to you, I will donate to the local chapter of the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

Not sure how many guys would be willing to buy $10 chances for the opportunity to win a great pack, some OYOA DVDs and other schwag. Hopefully some would do it. Will announce the details in the next week, and set up where you can purchase your chances at the OYOA store.

Saw plenty of Hunt Talkers there. Hoped to see some of the Hunt Talkers who traveled to town for the deal, but didn't see any of them.

I did find some great deals on other items I had in mind for family and friends. Always puts you further up the good guy list when you give someone a MR gift.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/hunting

Link to the Mystery Ranch hunting page on their site is provided above. Lots of great stuff to be found by that Made in America company.

Sounds like it was a zoo. It would have been nice to finally shake your hand Randy, but I picked up a frame Friday and hit the road.

They opened the gate early? I would think that would upset a few shoppers.:confused:

Got a few prototype pockets.
Yeah she had lots of packs stacked up. I went for them not knowing. She had a eastern European accent so guessing they are selling them off somewhere

Fin- Count me among the throng who would purchase some $10 pops at that MR pack--are you thinking limited # of entries or free for all?

Still haven't found anyone who I can borrow one from to try on and I'm definitely a 'try first' guy. My 16 year old has kind of stolen my Eberlestock Dragonfly away from me and we both have AZ elk hunts this fall...

I went around and grabbed a bunch of stuff, then put it all back. Lots of cool stuff there.

I was the forth of fifth one into the tent this morning with my brother, looking for a crew cab for him. I believe the entire crowd had the same idea as the mad dash was for the N.I.C.E. frame pile. I believe there was a total of 3 or 4 crew cab bags and maybe 5 longbows. didnt wind up with a sale bag but got his frame, harnesses, and a daypack lid, then wound up buying a new CC bag from inside. Overall wound up with a pretty good deal. definately a crowd, but was good to see the interest. Heard Fin's name and OYOA mentioned multiple times amoung the crowd, which started to gather about 6:50 this morning:D

Love the crew cab! It was a great purchase my old pack was a Eberlestock and a pretty good pack. After I got home from the sale this morning with my new crew cab I filled it with all my gear and stuck my 3 year old son in there and walked around the house and it was dang comfortable! I must say that nice frame is pretty nice. I can't wait to pack it full of elk meat this fall. I'll post some pictures when the day comes.. :)

I am good for a $10, cheaper than buying a new pack so when I win it it will be a lot better for me. LOL

Still haven't found anyone who I can borrow one from to try on and I'm definitely a 'try first' guy. My 16 year old has kind of stolen my Eberlestock Dragonfly away from me and we both have AZ elk hunts this fall...

DDD, shoot me a pm and we can work out a time for you to check out my Longbow and Crew Cab. I live in Chandler as well.

Ron

Sounds like Black Friday. I've been dying for a 6500 to compliment my longbow, but someones always selling one. Pretty cool they do this though.

Earlier in the week they had posted on their facebook that the sale started at 9. Later in the week either on Thursday or Friday they changed it to 8. I got there about 5 minutes after 8 and was able to score a multicam Grizzly for 300, a prototype pocket and my wife scored a good deal on a Sweatpea. I needed to get out of town and clear my head and we hadn't gone on a road trip in awhile. We needed to see some new scenery.

Congratulations to all who made off with the great deals. It would have been a long haul for a "Po Texas Boy" just for a pack. I'm looking at ordering a KUIU 7000 pack from Jason. I like what he's doing and how he's building his new business. Hoping to have something to pack out of Colorado this fall.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back