Caribou Gear Tarp

Colorado St. Players Suspended

wyoming556

Banned
Boy some of this stuff just makes you shake your head. Last week it was Montana Griz firing coaches and AD over their players legal troubles and this week in Ft. Collins players made some headlies of their own.

How bad is it? Go to the :51 mark of this video and cringe at the sight of one kid with both eyes swollen shut. That kid also has a shoe print stomped into his back. Here’s how the beating – it wasn’t even a fight - went down:

Witnesses told police seven males riding in a white SUV stopped and confronted the victims soon after police had broken up a large party in the area. The occupants of the SUV had been shouting homophobic insults as they drove by, Haley said. Donny Gocha responded with the same homophobic insult, Haley said, prompting the SUV to stop and the occupants to pile out and start beating Gocha. Haley said he and two others suffered their injuries trying to protect Gocha.

The three thugs who have been suspended “indefinitely” by new Colorado State coach Jim McElwain:

Linebacker Mike Orakpo: 6-foot-1, 225 pounds
Defensive end Nordly Capi: 6-foot-3, 250 pounds
Defensive end Colton Paulhaus: 6-foot-2, 280 pounds

There seem to be enough witnesses that the players should be formally charged and arrested this week. And then McElwain has to do the right thing and throw them off the team.

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/201...our-random-freshman-then-beat-them-to-a-pulp/

Attachments

• beat.jpg
    beat.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 1,255
Barely got 30 seconds here in the Denver news...

Yea between Colorado St. being an off the radar program and folks in Colorado don't really seem to care much about college football in general I guess that shouldn't surprise me. Football fans in Colorado are propably still weeping from losing Tebow. I figured with the new coaching staff and all the talk about building a new stadium by campus that interest in the Colo St. football program was at an all time high.

If a future NFL draft pick for a major college program did this it would be all over espn. At least they didn't cover it up and try to keep the players on the team. If that was at the University of Montana they would propably still be on the team and elegible to play.:D

Looks like Orakpo was involved in a knofe fight just a couple of weeks before this more recent even that got them suspended and off the team. The story that the players were provoked sounds like something that was added to make the story sound better for the players.

Three Colorado State players injured in knife fight
PUBLISHED Thursday, Mar 22, 2012 at 12:46 pm EDT
. Staff report
Sporting News Text size
A
A
A Police are investigating a fight involving three Colorado State football players, including one player who suffered a stab wound in his shoulder that required 14 staples.

Offensive lineman Tyler Sambrailo, linebacker Michael Orakpo and defensive lineman Nordly Capi were involved in a St. Patrick’s Day party, the Fort Collins Coloradoan reported. Sambrailo, 20, was stabbed in the back of his shoulder with a knife. Orakpo, a starter in 2011, was cut on the thumb and Capi had a small cut on his wrist. Orakpo has an older brother, Brian, who now plays in the NFL for the Washington Redskins.

Mike Orakpo is the younger brother Brian Orakpo, who starred at the University of Texas and now plays in the NFL for the Washington Redskins. (AP Photo)Authorities have told the Fort Collins Coloradoan that the people the players were fighting have not been identified and there have been no arrests at this point.

According to police, the fight started when a group of four to eight people was kicked out of a party the football players were attending. One person kicked out a taillight on Capi’s car as the unidentified person was leaving the property. The three football players got in the car and followed them.

When both vehicles stopped, the fight began.

“The athletic department is aware of the incident on Saturday night, and awaiting the release of the police report, which will provide more details,” said university spokesman Zak Gilbert. “All three student-athletes, thankfully, are in good condition. The safety of everyone involved is very important. The student-athletes and the university are cooperating with the investigation.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...-fight-ty-sambrailo-mike-orakpo#ixzz1sGYAqhpA

Last edited:
This stuff happened when I went to school too at 'one of the nation's most student-centered public research ' universities. Different perspective. Some of my friends were starters on our football team. There were parties, and we partied - and parties were broken up and kids sent home too. College students got dumb and drunk then as well. They had loose lips too, called the wrong guys 'homophobic slurs'. And they got smoked and put in the hospital.
The problem is social media .

This stuff happened when I went to school too at 'one of the nation's most student-centered public research ' universities. Different perspective. Some of my friends were starters on our football team. There were parties, and we partied - and parties were broken up and kids sent home too. College students got dumb and drunk then as well. They had loose lips too, called the wrong guys 'homophobic slurs'. And they got smoked and put in the hospital.
The problem is social media .

So it's ok to put someone in the hospital for calling you a name?

Kids will be kids is a BS argument. If you're going to be an idiot one of the repercussions is that everyone finds out about it.

I"m not sure I follow you blaming social media for what high profile student athletes do.
Are you saying it's facebook and twitter's fault that this sort of stuff happened twice in a month to Orakpo?
Or are you just saying that facebook and twitter have caused stuff like this to be made into news instead of covered up by local authorities?

I agree that after parties/bar this sort of stuff happens with drunk college kids at most campuses across the country but when you look at the size of the people involved and the severity of the injuries it seemed to cross the line of an old fashioned ass whippin. Just becasue you go to a smaller school doesn't mean you can act like an idiot and not be responsible for your actions.

Social media is the problem? Are you kidding me? I graduated from CSU and the football players I knew thought that they were above the law. I also had one in a zoology class that thought it was his right to cheat off of me, so I let him, then I would go back and put in the correct answers after he left. I have no problem with guys standing up for themselves, but a beat down like that is criminal.

Yea between Colorado St. being an off the radar program and folks in Colorado don't really seem to care much about college football in general I guess that shouldn't surprise me. Football fans in Colorado are propably still weeping from losing Tebow. I figured with the new coaching staff and all the talk about building a new stadium by campus that interest in the Colo St. football program was at an all time high.

If a future NFL draft pick for a major college program did this it would be all over espn. At least they didn't cover it up and try to keep the players on the team. If that was at the University of Montana they would propably still be on the team and elegible to play.:D

Haven't you heard, the Broncos are already planning their 2013 Super Bowl Parade route down 16th St.

Obviously, I'm not a CO native, so I don't follow the local colleges that much. Although now that CU has moved to a real conference I might enjoy watching them lose more.:D

Haven't you heard, the Broncos are already planning their 2013 Super Bowl Parade route down 16th St.

Obviously, I'm not a CO native, so I don't follow the local colleges that much. Although now that CU has moved to a real conference I might enjoy watching them lose more.:D

The sports talk radio idiots say tat the donkos will be 13-3 this year.....Sure hope they find someone that can play with Manning.....QB's get blamed for loss' not wins, ask Jake Plummer!

Real conference? Football they managed to get 7 teams in bowls and 2 won. In basketball even worse. As far as athletics that matter (football,basketball) they are easily the worst of the 5 major conferences. That's why Colorado fits in much better in the Pac 12 than the Big 12. They focus more on academics than athletics and they never even had a real rivalry in the big 12. Aside from about 3 yearsof success in football 20 years ago Colorado hasn't had much success of any kind in athletics that I remember.

Football

Conference-by-conference bowl records /

How each fared during the postseason games

Conference Schools Record Win %
C-USA (5) Houston, Marshall, SMU, SoMiss, Tulsa 4-1 .800
MAC (5) NIU, Ohio, Temple, Toledo, WMich 4-1 .800
Big 12 (8) Bay, ISU, KState, Mizzou, OU, OklSt, TA&M, Texas 6-2 .750
SEC (9) Ala,Ark,Aub,Fla,Geor,LSU,MissSt,SCar,Vandy 6-3 .667
Big East (5) Cincy, Lou, Pitt, Rutgers, WVU 3-2 .600
Ind. (2) BYU, ND 1-1 .500
Big Ten(10) Ill,Iowa,Mich,MSU,Neb,N'Wstrn,OSU,PSU,Pur,Wis 4-6 .400
MWC (5) AF, Boise, SDSU, TCU, Wym 2-3 .400
Sun Belt (3) ArkSt, FIU, La.-Laf. 1-2 .333
Pac-12 (7) ASU, Cal, Ore, Stan, UCLA, Utah, Wash 2-5 .286
ACC (8) Clem, FSU, GT, NC, NCS, Vir, VT, WF 2-6 .250
WAC (3) LaTech, Nev, UtahSt 0-3 .000

Basketball. Points for the NIT are the only reason the total is respectable for the Pac 12. Compare the #'s for just the NCAA tournament and its no contest.
Best Conferences: Two points per NCAA bid and win; one point per NIT bid and win

Conference NIT NCAA Total
Big East 2 44 46
Big Ten 9 34 43
SEC 5 28 33
Big 12 0 32 32
ACC 2 22 24
Atlantic 10 7 14 21
Pac-12 14 6 20
Mtn West 0 10 10
MVC 4 6 10
WCC 0 8 8
MAC 1 6 7
Colonial 3 4 7
C-USA 2 4 6
Patriot 2 4 6
MEAC 1 4 5
Sun Belt 3 2 5
WAC 3 2 5
Ohio Val 0 4 4
Metro Atl 0 4 4
Horizon 2 2 4
America East 1 2 3
Southland 1 2 3
Summit 1 2 3

The sports talk radio idiots say tat the donkos will be 13-3 this year.....Sure hope they find someone that can play with Manning.....QB's get blamed for loss' not wins, ask Jake Plummer!

Slick, I heard Big Al and DMac say 14-2... Peyton better have a good blindside guard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back