Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Hunting Pack

I have hunted twice in the past, once using a regular backpack and once using a more hunting specific pack. I know one guy that uses a fanny pack type. What are your thoughts on doing that? I appreciate any input that more experienced guys might have.

Time, place, and manner...

Sometimes I use a fanny pack, sometimes its a full on 5500cu frame, sometimes its right in between. Tailor your pack to your hunt.

I have hunted twice in the past, once using a regular backpack and once using a more hunting specific pack. I know one guy that uses a fanny pack type. What are your thoughts on doing that? I appreciate any input that more experienced guys might have.

Lots of missing info on the question. Not to mention the auto prompted member name it seems. Need more info for a better answer.

I will be using the pack for hunting elk and deer. I will be hunting from a truck and there is a pretty decent road network in the area so I won't be too far from the road. There are some pretty steep areas where I will be hunting and have had issues with seating the butt of my rifle on the buckle of a backpack. I have a frame that I can use to haul quarters out of the hills if I were to knock something down.

i got a blacks creek g 7 ,,,looks like it will be a nice day pack,,,comfortable for me and not too big,5 lb,,,there are alot of options on the market depending on what your needs are.picked it up from linton outdoors.

Simple, IMHO...get a Mystery Ranch Crew Cab. Very versatile. Mystery Ranch has some other great pack options...but they are built like a brit shickhouse and will last virtually forever. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back