Winner, winner!!! Banquet Dinner!!!

Devil Diver Down

I was supposed to be out of town this weekend but decided last minute to stick around (for a bad reason--looks like I have a hernia that's going to put me on the shelf for a while) which meant I could attend the AZ Elk Society annual banquet.

Turned out pretty good too. They raised a ton of money, which IMO they do a fantastic job of putting back into youth events and work projects around the state. I got to meet AZ402 which would probably be the highlight of just about anybody's night :rolleyes: but my highlight was winning a 300 Weatherby Vanguard 2 in the raffle. I NEVER win raffles so I was pretty pleased, even though I'll have to figure out what to do with it--not a fan of recoil at all and was kind of eyeing a Tikka T3 Lite in 30-06.

FYI, the Commissioner's tag for elk (good 365 days, any open unit) went for (drumroll) $131k. You could almost hear Don Peay salivating somewhere at the thought of getting his mitts on 350 premium AZ tags. :mad:

DDD, thanks for picking up my raffle ticket stubbs that fell on the ground! Nice win by the way and nice meeting you at the banquet!

Nice meeting you too Stan! My oldest was pretty happy and wants to keep it but I think I've gotta work out some sort of trade. When I showed my youngest he said 'Cool. But how come you didn't win a bow?'

Oh, guess I should have thought of that.:rolleyes:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back