Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

National Champion!

bdidaho

While everybody is into March Madness, just thought I'd add some news from other championships going on. My youngest son's girlfriend Breeja Larsen, swims for Texas A&M and broke the NCAA record for the 100 breaststroke at the Big 12 championships a few weeks ago. And she is just a sophomore. Although she qualified 1st in the prelims this morning at the NCAA championships, she was having problems with her turns and didn't feel good about the finals. Well, she not only won the event and broke her own NCAA record, she broke the American record in the process. I swam in high school and college and know the commitment it takes just to be a D-1 swimmer but to do what she did tonight just blows my mind. Olympic trials are the end of June so keep her name tucked away. She swims the 200 tomorrow so maybe a double is in the cards.
BD

I was a swimmer in college as well. I swam beaststoke and IM many yeas ago. Made it to NCAA finals in 200 beast stoke and 200 IM, and trials n 100 fly, 200 beaststroke and 200 IM. Vey fun times. Congrats to her from an out of shape ex swimmer! Great sport and great people.

Having a young swimmer in the family I have a good idea of what she accomplished and all I can say is "wow!"

Thats ausome. Hope she makes the olympics. Had a home town girl make the olypics in the heptatholon and remember the sense of pride it brought everybody from my little town. I will be rooting for her.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rgreen
Back