Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Two years in a row.

drahthaar

This guy was hanging around last winter, we found both sides. He came back again this winter, tonight, my friend walked down by where we sight in rifles to see if there were any tracks, and found both sides again.

Last year.
turners127.jpg

This year, we call him the wavy bull or the wide bull.
download134.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

Last year and this year
DSCN0466.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

Wish I knew where he goes, how far, or how close he actually stays.

This is the bull I want to find the sheds off.
download067.jpg

We are pretty sure its this bull from last year.
bustedup.jpg

That's awesome. Do you try and find him during hunting season?

Both of those are awesome bulls.

Looks like the bigger guy busted off quite a bit of beam there. Did you find his sheds last year?

That's awesome. Do you try and find him during hunting season?

Oh yes. God help us.

We just don't have the foggiest idea of where he/they go. How far, anything. Definitely one of those times I wish I could gps collar them and see just how far they go. Are they in the basins just above my house? Or do they come from dozens and dozens of miles from the south or over the top from the other side.

Talk to the biologist im sure he has a good idea as to where the migrating elk come from, he at least would give you a few different areas to check out I would think.

Oh yes. God help us.

We just don't have the foggiest idea of where he/they go. How far, anything. Definitely one of those times I wish I could gps collar them and see just how far they go. Are they in the basins just above my house? Or do they come from dozens and dozens of miles from the south or over the top from the other side.

And thats why they are big;).............awesome finds man, problem is you just warmed the blood for every horn hunter around, there will be nothing but footprints everywhere by the time i get to go:)

The Nevada Fish and Game collared some bulls on the Mt Wilson area. They tracked the bulls that year and found they would venture over to Indian Peaks in Utah for the rut then come back. Some traveled over 60 miles each way.

You never found sheds from your monster bull from this year did ya? Never on camera either?

I guess some turkey hunter on a property about 1/2 mile from where we would see him found one side.

No, never had him on camera during summer. I had some cams in a few different basins but it is such a crap shoot putting a cam on some half-assed trail coming down some ridge in hopes some bull like that uses it. I noticed that these elk will go into the thickest patches of false huckleberry and stomp out some room to hang out. It is just too stupid to try and get cams into it. The mtn breezes shake the bushes and all you get are pictures of moving brush.
I wish I could put cams up during the season. It would have been cool to see him on cam this year. This year reinforces what I have said about my cams. I hunt where I hunt, cams aren't going to change that. I didn't need cams to know that the elk finally came back into my spot. But it would have made it more interesting. When I finally saw the sign, I started hanging out in there heavily and that is what paid off.
I sure want to see that wavy bull show up again this winter. I hope he made it through. Right now, we got NO SNOW, so I am not going to hold my breath. He is a young bull I believe. But I bet he blew up too, with the conditions we had.
If I can whack a wolf, I will be out of tags and I will have some cams out. I did make that clear with FWP. If you don't have any tags for such season, they said there is no problem with that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back