Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What do I get a good friend for a gift?

blue devil

I am looking at getting a good friend (who is an outfitter) either a .22 mag revolver pistol with holster or a custom knife with antler handle. I would have his business logo on either the holster or knife. Any other ideas what to get him? No Smartasses would be appreciated

For that kind of money (pistol/holster or custom knife) you may want to think optically. A really good binocular goes with almost any outdoor activity, while the pistol/knife may not be something brought out of storage very often.

Hard to go wrong with asking the spouse if he's been talking/dreaming about some doo-dad or bauble.

A very good outfitter friend of mine once told me that outfitters already had plenty of knives, guns, and optics. What they didn't have enough of was money.

..not trying to be a smartass...true story.

I agree, as an outfitter he probably has guns, knives, and optics covered, but cash is a tacky gift. I like the business logo idea though--think something he wouldn't normally buy for himself. Maybe a leather jacket with the company logo?

Cabelas/sportsmans warehouse gift card. Everyone says cash and gift cards are tacky gifts, I prefer them over most anything, especially if I were an outfitter. Does he have any other hobbies other than hunting/work related? Fly fishing possible?

Guns and Knives are highly personal in preference. A custom holster or something else custom with his logo would probably be appreciated. I know of a number of leather workers who would collaborate with him on building something custom he would use...

A very good outfitter friend of mine once told me that outfitters already had plenty of knives, guns, and optics. What they didn't have enough of was money.

..not trying to be a smartass...true story.

I agree. Cash or if your not comfortable a gift card for Cabelas or even Wal Mart is more useful and or practical than some of the really nice stuff you have mentioned. My 2 cents.

I'm kind of stuck on this. I understand he probably has too many guns & knives and optics are out of the questions, since he has swarovski everything. Cash and gift cards seem impersonable, eventhough i understand the draw to them, he is a good friend. I am making him a wooden mule deer sculpture and possible a custom end table out of montana rock. But thought something would be cool with his logo and business identity on it? Any other ideas?

http://www.jprossflyrods.com/
If he doesn't fish perhaps he should, the above guy who i have had dealings with can sort out the rod, in addition you could buy him a lesson with a fly fishing instructor.
Dont forget if you give him a knife he has to give you a coin back.
Cheers
Richard

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back