Payton Manning

DRAFTSTUD

Well, What do you say if you were in his shoes? Retire, play and risk his health. They can replace a Knee, but necks are kinda tough! John

I think Peyton will play since it seems he is healthy or healing. I would retire, become a OC for the Colts or what not. Go from it as a coach. I think he will end up somewhere else, most likely Kansas City or Washington. I would like to see him in SF they would be a power if he is healthy for the next few years.

Time to retire and join the UM griz as an offensive coordinator... Haha! Okay, Okay... maybe coach - though I personally like Pflugrad as our coach. :)
Think payton would accept, meh, 70k a year?

I think he wont retire. He has the heart and desire to play and can likely still play at a very high level. It is hard to just turn off that passion. Brett Farve likely knows this best but he is not the only one. There is still a lot of ball in Peyton. If the doc clears him, he will likely be playing for someone. Not that many QB's of his caliber in the league.

With four neck surgeries and the money he has in the bank, I think he's nuts if he pays again! Heart and desire is one thing and he may well be able to play again at a high level. Smarts is another thing that should take over in this particular case.

With four neck surgeries and the money he has in the bank, I think he's nuts if he pays again! Heart and desire is one thing and he may well be able to play again at a high level. Smarts is another thing that should take over in this particular case.

...completely agree.

If smarts ever had a place he wouldn't be playing to begin with. Hope he is able to kick ass again. Was always awesome to watch him play

If doctors cleared you to hunt again after a major surgery, you'd hunt again. He's just doing what he loves to do, but in his case he gets paid millions to do it. We on the other hand pay to do what we love.

Sign Him - Pay Him - Let Him Retire

After building that team over 14 years they should sign him, pay him and then he should retire gracefully.

John Elway, MJ, Larussa walked away on top. Peyton should do the same.

After building that team over 14 years they should sign him, pay him and then he should retire gracefully.

John Elway, MJ, Larussa walked away on top. Peyton should do the same.
I agree. Sign him, let him play for a year or two more as he teaches Luck the ropes and then retire. His legacy will be tarnished by going to another team.

I'm not a Peyton fan, but I can't see how his legacy will be tarnished by going to another team. Its not like he left the Colts, remember that the Colts left him. He's done nothing but take the high road through all of this.

If I was Peyton and cleared to play, I'd head right over to Texas and stick the ball up Indy's butt twice a year for the next few years and show Irsay what he let go of (but I'm a vengful guy :) )

Scuttlebutt is he'll land in Denver. Of course that's what all the Denver stations are saying. I figgered he'd land in Seattle or Arizona.

If he does end up with the Broncos I hope Tebow doesn't get a burr under his blanket.

Of course that might have been what Tim was praying for last season! With a God-like quarterback like Manning to teach him Tebow might just be the next Elway.

RJ

Last edited:
Manning's saga sure beats hearing about N'awlins bounty drama. I initally wanted to see him save his neck (literally) and walk away.....now I hope he lands on a good team and is healthy enough to take em to the big show. He and his family are class acts iMO.

The bounty stuff is pure bs...a roster spot is the ultimate 'bounty' for every player in the league. Hell some of the players even take out civilians....cough..Ray Lewis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back