Custom Rifles

Summitthunting

After seeing critters custom rifle on another thread I though I would start one so we can all show off our custom jobs. I graduated for the Trinidad State Junior College Gunsmithing school and worked at Ballard Rifle while they were still in Cody, WY. I still shoot some factory rifles but I sure do like shooting the ones I've built. I'll start off with a 1909 Argentine Mauser that I built for my father, my first rifle build.

0.jpg
-Forged bolt handle
-trued action and bolt
-two position swing safety
1.jpg
-rebarrled to .270 win
-Restocked on bastonge walnut
2.jpg
3.jpg
-All kinds of other little custom mods
4.jpg
5.jpg

The finished rifle, it works!
6.JPG

Lets see your custom rifles.

Last edited:
Beautiful rifle and a great skill to have. I am glad you shared and it is great to see the progression especially with the final picture bringing it all the way home. Nicely done.

Give us the total breakdown sometime, all the dirt.

Last edited:
Great looking rifle! Love the classic lines of the stock. Do you ever plan on checkering it?

For some reason, I've always wanted a custom on a 96 Swedish Mauser...

Great looking rifle! Love the classic lines of the stock. Do you ever plan on checkering it?

For some reason, I've always wanted a custom on a 96 Swedish Mauser...

There's a number of new imports of hunting rifles from Sweden in 9.3x62 in the Swede action floating around.

My customs:

Pre-WWI Haenel:

manlicher2.jpg

1917 Winchester in 338 WM:

73741_1626065982209_1553332333_1526631_1985420_n.jpg

After seeing critters custom rifle on another thread I though I would start one so we can all show off our custom jobs. I graduated for the Trinidad State Junior College Gunsmithing school and worked at Ballard Rifle while they were still in Cody, WY. I still shoot some factory rifles but I sure do like shooting the ones I've built. I'll start off with a 1909 Argentine Mauser that I built for my father, my first rifle build.

View attachment 29465
-Forged bolt handle
-trued action and bolt
-two position swing safety
View attachment 29466
-rebarrled to .270 win
-Restocked on bastonge walnut
View attachment 29467
View attachment 29468
-All kinds of other little custom mods
View attachment 29469
View attachment 29470

The finished rifle, it works!
View attachment 29471

Lets see your custom rifles.
that nothing short of BADASS!

Aaah, the Argentine mauser. I've got my Grandpa's 7.65 all original yet. I watched that man make some incredible shots with that old rifle like it was nothing. He always used open sights.

Great looking rifle you put together there!

Insane - gorgeous. Would love for my son to pick up gunsmithing. Wish I could find him an excellent mentor.
Great weapon and nice trophy. Super thread man.
......and I have nothing to add. My custom gun is a krieghoff, but I did not build it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back