Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

NASCAR- Why I watch

the nikster

I love a good wreck.
It gives me hope. If my guy crashes out on the first lap or the last I get the joy of thinking "what might have been". "he could have won if not for (insert KB here)"
NASCAR knows this. That's why they go to commercials during the race but cut back instantly if a crash occurs.
I like fistfights on the infield.
I like watching a couple of 150lb wise-a55es push each other around like sumo.
I like the 'he said, he said' wit.
When I watch ESPN after the race they NEVER show cars riding around a full lap at caution speed, they show Gordon on his head, Kyle/Kurt crying, Carl flipping and somebody on fire-----That's why I watch NASCAR!

I use to watch for the same reasons,but don't any longer.The new cars have taken away from the dramatic wrecks,and has really made the races pretty boring.I remember the days of cars going over the finish line end over end or on their roofs.I will say, the Daytona 500 was the best party I ever attended though

I use to watch for the same reasons,but don't any longer.The new cars have taken away from the dramatic wrecks,and has really made the races pretty boring.I remember the days of cars going over the finish line end over end or on their roofs.I will say, the Daytona 500 was the best party I ever attended though

Daytona can be a good party, but back in the days when the cars were factory metal with a roll cage installed, hoods had hinges, and the engines used factory air cleaner housings, the infield at Darlington was the real party; live bands on the roof of the concession stand, loose ladies with loose morals, beer and more beer and white liquor from Wilkes county, and the party went on all night. A helluva place for an impressionable 17 year old farm boy to be!
That was back around 1960/61 when Fred Lorenzen and Nelson Stacy, with the help of the Ford 352ci engine and the FMC factory backing dominated the field at pretty near every track, and drafting was just becoming an art.

Last edited:
Well last night was a bust em up and everything you wanted.....except one thing Jose of Nascar won the Damn thing by 6 inches! LOL John

I had to watch highlights on Youtube. I get CNN and 11 channels of Soccer in Poland. It did look like an interesting race-even if it had a 'queer' ending!!
Nascar is not what it once was but If you missed it then this can be pretty entertaining now. I loved watching the blue and yellow wrangler when I was a kid.

Riddle me this nikster...is Danica a good driver/athelete/whatever?

Simple answer, yes, she's a good driver. I'll put her ahead of guys like Robby Gordon who's there because he can get sponsorship. Is she in the top 10, no. I'll be she surprises a few folks once she has a full season under her belt.

Just finished watching Pole Qualifying. One word FORD...:hump:

Simple answer, yes, she's a good driver. I'll put her ahead of guys like Robby Gordon who's there because he can get sponsorship. Is she in the top 10, no. I'll be she surprises a few folks once she has a full season under her belt.

Just finished watching Pole Qualifying. One word FORD...:hump:

...thanks.

Love to watch NASCAR, however, the restrictor plate races are STUPID. "The last person NOT to WRECK wins".... what a novel concept. Don't mind the bump and grind but not all these wrecks because of some stupid drivers. Just my thoughts.

good luck to all
the dog

Umm No...Danica is there because she has Go Daddy as a sponsor. Robby Gordon races NASCAR because he is an owner/driver with his own company as a sponsor, Speed Energy Drink, plus he can wheel a real race car not just drive in a circle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfUu-5PbUU

I watched the race last night...it proved one thing. Kyle Busch can drive a sprint car. He had the car side ways twice (once thanks to Gordon trying to push him up the track), throwing sparks, went to the back of the pack with a dented up beat up car twice and still was able to make moves that won the race by 1/100th of a second. Even the announcers said that you may not like him...but you have to respect a guy that can drive that good. I find it funny, people don't like him for the same reason they loved Dale Sr. He drives with an arrogance and backs it up on the race track.

Danica sucks.... Maybe literally. If she wasn't a cute face with a big owner, she would still be IRL.

I like the wrecks also but NASCAR is gonna kill another driver, just so the fans are happy. The arca race was boring but I enjoyed it more than the shoot out.

That being said I hope someone puts shrubbery on his lid on the first lap of the duals.

Umm No...Danica is there because she has Go Daddy as a sponsor. Robby Gordon races NASCAR because he is an owner/driver with his own company as a sponsor, Speed Energy Drink, plus he can wheel a real race car not just drive in a circle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wfUu-5PbUU
RG is mediocre at best in Cup racing. Every week its the same old excuse about how great a car he had yet he was running in the last 3rd of the cars.

Now off road, that's a different story. I've seen him in person down at Glamis running his trophy truck around.

Given a full season, I'd bet Danica finishes higher in points than that other Gordon....

I honestly don't think Tony Stuart is gonna employ a "pretty face" for marketing.

Only time will tell who's right.

Well, I've been a race car mechanic for the last 12 years. Mostly sports cars and prototypes (Trans Am, Grand Am, Toyota Atlantic, etc.) Personally, I'm not a nascar fan, but I don't poo-poo it either. Know a lot of people who race and/or are mechanics and engineers. That schedule and the "grind" that is being part of a nascar team is brutal. Those teams run those guys into the ground. Burned out? Well there's 5000 other guys waiting to take your job.

As for Danica... well she's the MAJOR "C-word". She's an arrogant, self-important, hypocrite C-word. Ask anyone in the 'biz. It is well known that she got her rides and got this far due to her "special arrangement" with Bobby Rahal. It's the biggest secret-that's-not-really-a-secret in racing. I wonder if she has the same arrangement with Tony Stewart.

Emrah

Danica looks good. She has won the same number of races as Junior in the last 130 races. NASCAR is using her to shamelessly promote their product and it works. I do not watch NASCAR in hopes that I will see her but I don't mind when I do. I used to have to watch Darrell Waltrip ride around at the back of the pack (at the end of his carreer). Then give some crappy interview. I'd rather watch Danica.

Unfortunately, she will be just as popular (and "fan favorite") in nascar as she was in Indycar. Sex sells. And as much as I hate to admit it, she is even hotter in person (all sweaty getting out of a car... yum...) than on t.v.

Emrah

Back