Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

looking for a tent

pseshooter300

Anyone have any opinions on a good tent for hunting not really a back pack tent. Not looking for a big wall tent right now can't drop that much money right now

Watch the Davis tent website in March or April as they will have a huge sale, and you should be able to pick up a nice tent for a good price.

CABugle

Our group broke away from the norm. Instead of one big tent we went with several smaller individual tents. That way we dont need to find one big flat spot and individual tents can be spread out a little more to get away from "noisy" sleepers. We are not hunting late season where a heat source is an issue. We do have one "community" tent where we cook and can go to in bad weather. This tent is away from our sleeping tents.

I had a Eureka that lasted 15 years and several hundred nights of use. It was a great tent especially for the price. I went online to look if they still made my model, but apparently they have changed things up a little since 1995. I bought an REI Arete this fall. It did great on my goat hunt this fall, but it's only got six nights of use so far. Make sure to get one with a spacious vestibule especially if you're going to be hunting out of it.

I don't have one of the "backpacking tents". I do have a 4 man dome and a 8 man cabin. They are not what I would want to use in the west for wind. I used the cabin this year in Yellowstone & Beartooth, and they worked fine for the moderate wind. I have used them here a lot and they held up under our weather. They do blow around a lot in heavy wind. My friends have a military wall tent and that is what we have used on our elk hunts.

Inmo I am set, on the wall tent for base camp and something of the two man, low to the ground, variety for bivy. As mentioned in other posts; you get what you pay for. I will allow a pound or two extra to be comfortable to. No matter what you get. Make sure you keep it tight. That helps with all the elements.

Cabelas outback lodge is great. comes in 3 sizes. 8x8, 10x10, and 12x12. I have the 12x12 and it is very spacious. i can set it up in a half hour by myself. holds up well in strong wind cuz of all the guy lines. too heavy for backpacking however.

I have the 8 man outback lodge. Yes it does have a floor. I’ve used in 3 times in WY lope hunting and it has withstood very strong winds, snow and rain. Overall I am happy with it especially when camping with the family but on a quick lope hunt it is more room than 2 or 3 of us need. I like that the base of the walls are square up to 3 or 4 feet before it goes up to a teepee.

For the price it was a decent buy. I almost bought another as i saw one that looked used once in the bargain cave.

P.S. you'll likely never get the tent back in the original bag...at least i havent been able to. Also, buy better stakes. the ones that come with it suck

What mdunc8 said. Most do......... everything you need it to. Unless you get the proverbial 'blue light special'. Any 4 season tent this day and age should do you fine. A good 2 to 3 aluminum pole design with bath tub bottom and vestibule will do ya! Pay less, it will weigh more. Pay more it will weigh less. I have an old Kelty, and a Marmot Limelight. Just get one with a good vestibule and spend more of your money on a good bag.

I have a 10' x 10' wall tent & works great w/stove & its great. Just takes a little time to put up.. Also have a Cabelas Alaskan guide that is great (6man). Easy to put up. There is a lot of room & I can put 2 cots in it. Has been used in all types of weather.Ha s a floor & you can buy extra floor as well as vestibule for extra storage.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back