Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

moose sheds

Kaitum

Anyone have any moose shed pics to share?

My wife and I found these right near our house. After seeing an anterless bull in our yard one day we figured it might pay off to take a stroll through their favorite hang out just down the road. Five minutes into our search my wife spots the right side, two minutes later I found the left side.

IMGP1323.jpg

Very nice! I saw 6 idaho bulls today still packing both sides. The next sunny day I take off I plan to go do some snow shoeing through some promising looking country.

Kaitum,

Are those last years finds? Thought I saw those somewhere else.

Good memory, I posted them on the AOD forum, that's likely where you saw them. The sheds are actually from two years ago.

I found this one last year not 10 yards from where that pair was found. I have a gut feeling there's at least one shed laying in that area this year but snow fell all too frequently this year so I'll have to wait till break up before searching.

dog_and_bone_resized.jpg

those are purdy I found my first whole elk shed this year and cant wait to get into the hills this spring to start looking. I know deer drop theirs alot sooner but when on average would you guys say elk and moose would start to loose theirs im in wyoming not sure if the geography plays a huge role or not.

those are purdy I found my first whole elk shed this year and cant wait to get into the hills this spring to start looking. I know deer drop theirs alot sooner but when on average would you guys say elk and moose would start to loose theirs im in wyoming not sure if the geography plays a huge role or not.

Can't speak for the lower 48 but I see moose start dropping in December. General rule of thumb seems to be the larger bulls drop first. I have seen small bulls with one side still attached into March before but I think that's fairly rare. If I recall from my time in the Black Hills elk would start dropping in late February through April.

Ive seen elk here with headgear in early march so your probly pretty close I just saw a huge bull moose at the end of the year I need to locate pretty soon and pray he stays on forest cause momma would love a couple big ole moose paddles

Moose shed about 3-4 months before elk do, in my experience, completely opposite sides of the spectrum.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back