Caribou Gear

Bitterroot European mounts?

mtlion

Can anyone out there recommend a taxidermist for some European mounts in the Bitterroot?

I'm looking for quality (of course!), fair prices and a quick turnaround.

I guess I'd drive to Missoula if the price was right...

how do you feel about giving your money to insane idiots who will fabricate wild stories about your kill?

ill ask around who the new competition for the beetle guy is. i was told someone else started up a beetle business here in the valley.

LOL Great just what I wanted to hear. As if the stories I make up aren't bad enough :D

Maybe I'll have to do like dunc says and get off my lazy arse.

Get off your lazy arse and do it yourself

agree with mdunc8, I wish someone had said this to me a few years ago...would have saved some dollars (wanted to say 'bucks', but did not want to give the wrong impression). :D

Lots of info on the internet on how to do it yourself and it really is not hard.

The beetle works guy really is a nutbag.
His work is good and his price is fair though.

I have a taxidermist in Florence that does really good work, and is one of the most honest, easy going guys you could ever deal with. If you get a skull cleaned through him though he just drops it off at the beetle works guy.

Kurt Kohn in Hamilton is a great guy. I believe he learned under Jack Atcheson taxidermy in Butte. He is an educator like me so this is his second job but has a great business, with a quick turn around. I know he sends his work to a beetle guy in Anaconda MT.

He did a European mount of a velvet whitetail buck and a 6X6 330 class bull. He makes his own pedestals and they look great. Wish I could post pics of mine for you but I am picture illiterate without my kids around :) you can call Kurt and check out his shop and prices personally.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back