Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Riflescopes

jones39

I'm looking to upgrade one of my riflescopes. I have been doing some reading and seem to like the cablea's euro scope. I haven't looked thru one of these because there isn't a cabela's nearby. Does anyone out there have one or would you suggest something else? All suggestions are welcome!

Scopes

Used to sales manage the hunting/gun department at Cabela's and sold hundreds of scopes over the years. I have a high regard for almost all Cabela's products, and own a pile of them, but I'd stick with Leupold in that price range. Leupold's low end is like everyone else's, but unless you can swing a Swarovski, don't gamble. I have a few B&C Leupolds and if you do the fieldwork with your load, they work very well. Just my opinion.

Dont have a vortex rifle scope but do have a spotting scope and binos made by them and I am impressed to say the least. Cant beat there warranty either.

I picked up a brand new fixed scope German 8x56 Schmidt for just less than $800 last year.
Fantastic optics and great at last light.
Cheers
Richard

I think it truly matters what you are going to use the gun/scope combo. For $800 you can get quite a variety of optics. My personal preferences are Minox and Vortex because they have a no questions asked lifetime warranty. I buy nearly all of my optics from http://www.cameralandny.com. They don't carry Leupold so Predator Optics is where I'd go.

Examples @ CameralandNY:
Swarovski Z3 3.3-10x42 for $839
Minox Z5 2-10x40 for $479
Zeiss Conquest 3.5-10x44 for $700
Vortex Viper 4-16x44 for $450

I'm willing to bet that Schmalts (http://www.predatoroptics.com/) has what you need. I know he has a 10% OYOA coupon! It's hard to beat that.

devon deer. If you want to make some money you should buy Schmidt/bender scopes in the UK and resell them to people in the states. Like others have said they cost a lot.

Jones39 I believe meopta makes the cabelas euro rifle scope. I'd check out any reviews I can find on Meopta and compare prices between the two because the only difference is one says cabelas on it. I hear a lot of good things about zeiss.

If you don't go Leupold really take a look at Zeiss. I dont have the Ziess on my website because they are not linked to my auto inventory supply on my web store but I do sell them and the lowest prices you will find! I will give a price on request and most are in stock at one of my suppliers and I will beat that others guys price by a lot. That Ziess scope listed 2 posts ago I can beat by $50.00, Thats no chump change.

Any Leupold scope you can take %10 off any advertised price with coupon code oyoaleup. If you buy a higher end model I may be able to do even better. PM me with a list of Ziess scopes you want prices on.

Last edited:
I went with a nikon monarch,,,there are several choices and the spot-on balistics charts really work well off the nikon web site,,,they can match any gun balisic with many scope choices,,,my 4-14 was about $525 and i got a omega scope for my muzzleloader for $200,,,both work very well.

Oh ya, and definitely go with schmalts (Predator Optics). I hear a lot of good things about his business from this web site.

This is cool to know sweetnectar regarding schmalts and his business. Good feedback, would expect nothing less from the quality guys on here.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back