PEAX Equipment

Leica repairs

mtlion

Has anyone had repairs done on their Leica? My LRF 800 took a swim up in AK last Sept. It still works but for some reason eats a fresh battery in a day. I'm thinking of sending it in to Leica in Germany. Do they really get your stuff done in 4 weeks? I can't imagine using the crappy bushnell I have as a backup for a whole season. Hopefully they can figure out what is causing this?!?!

BTW I know my LRF 800 is 8 years old but I can't even look at the price tags on the new models :eek:

I sent my Ultravid Binos in for a tune up about a year ago. Turn around time was 2-3 weeks. Came back all cleaned up with new eyecups. No charge. That was sending them in to some repair facility here in the states, back east. Very satisfied.

I sent my Ultravid Binos in for a tune up about a year ago. Turn around time was 2-3 weeks. Came back all cleaned up with new eyecups. No charge. That was sending them in to some repair facility here in the states, back east. Very satisfied.

Hmmm I saw they had some repair centers in the U.S. I'll have to investigate...

Funny story about the factory in Germany...

My buddy had a $1,200 spotting scope and had a lens break. Sent it to Germany and after a couple months it wasn't back. He called over and they ended up just sending him a brand new scope. Well another month goes by and he gets a mystery package from Leica...his original scope all fixed up. When he contacted them and told them they asked if he had used the new one they sent and he had, they said just keep them both!!

Lucky dog!

I sent my Trinovids in once and the came back looking better than ever!! only took 3 weeks also. Plus no charge.

I sent my Geovids back a year or so ago when the range finder wasn't working past 100 yards and it took about 2-3 weeks. They were still under warranty. I believe they got knocked out of alignment. Sent them to Rhode Island.

Ron

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back