Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

45 cal. 1911

If your into target shooting then the 1911 is a good choice but then again most big time target guys tend to be into speed, accuracy, and smooth cycle and spend the money on a Kimber. If you want it for self defence then I'd go another way other than the 1911.

IMHO Ruger makes a great product, if it just for fun shooting or just having a 1911, you could get the Ruger and have $ left for some other wants/needs. Pure speculation on my part, didn't check prices.

I bought a kimber a few years ago. Best pistol I have owned. I havent tried the new Ruger out yet but i'm sure its a shooter.

I have been eyeballing those as well. Let me know what you think of it if you get one.

I bought the Kimber Custom II (their cheapest base model) eight or nine years ago when I was single and could spend a lot of cash on stuff like that. I'm scared to think what one would cost now days, but I love it and would recommend one to anyone who wants a 1911 style .45.

I always recommend Kimber or Springfield. I knew the new Ruger was due out but didn't know it was on the market. I'd be hesitant to buy one of the first ones. I'd wait and see what problems, if any, pop up.

Noharley,
Pop into a NWTF banquet in your area, the Kimber is one of our "Guns of the Year"...Who knows maybe you could acquire one there!
WD

Good idea Wally.

Gundog you make a good point about newbie issues.

...thanks for the feedback everyone. Like I said, don't need one but have a had a 1911 itch for awhile.

Last edited:
I have 4 1911s. A Colt Series 70, a Kimber, a Paraordnance and a custom Commander by King's Gunworks (made a few decades ago.) I also had a Springfield Loaded - since traded away. I shoot the Para in competition due to the 14+1 capacity, used to carry the Commander as a CCW, and shoot the Springfiled in competition before I got the Para. I won my class with the Springfield for a few years. For the money at the time, it was the best deal going. Novak sights, beavertail grip safety, skeleton hammer, target trigger, etc.

They are all good. Get the one with the features you like at the price you want to pay. I think the Kimber costs more just due to the brand name...I won my Kimber at a FNRA banquet, but it's not one of the commemorative models.

Back