New Sponsor - Welcome Sitka Gear

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
I have been a little swamped lately, between helping out at my old CPA firm, arguing with state legislators, and working on wolf issues, but time has come to officially announce some new sponsors, who are old friends.

You have probably seen some new advertising banners on the site such as Sitka Gear.

Sitka Gear is coming to OYOA as our clothing and camo sponsor. That is nothing new to all of you, as you have seen us wearing it since the beginning.

Hopefully it shows how good their product is, when you realize that we bought our own, even though many other companies were offering to pay us to wear competing products. We find Sitka Gear to be that good for the kind of hunting we do.

Our goal is to build relationships with companies who make great products and who are committed to the idea of On Your Own hunting. The quality of Sitka Gear speaks for itself.

Sitka Gear realizes the value of the On Your Own hunter, and they want to be the company who supports those hardcore hunters. Look for more of their product being talked about here, and feel free to ask any questions of me or Seacat.

We are excited to be working with a company as committed to serious hunters as is Sitka Gear.

OYOA Randy Newberg 63.jpg

It was fun last year really getting to use their gear to it fullest. They have an excellent layering system. My favorite would have to be their pants though. I've never had "stretchy pants" No Moosie not like Nacho Libre:D They are real comfortable and do have some stretch to them. Which when hiking and climbing and crawling make a big difference.

Congrats Randy. Nice to know that they are seeing the benefits this show can provide them in having real life hunting situations shown on TV.

I also have noticed the Sportsmans Guide banner as well. I'm assuming they are sponsors of some sort? I have bought lots of things through them. They have an excellent satisfaction policy.

Last edited:
Congratulations Randy. Thanks for turning me and others on to this great product. Well worth the money.

Last edited:
I am headed to Canada in August for a sheep hunt. I need good rain gear. I find that where I normally hunt (Idaho, Mt, Wy) we just do not get the heavy rains thru the end of Oct and then when Nov rolls around it is snow so rain gear is not something I use frequently. I have looked at Sitka and the price is going to be over $900 for gear I will not use much. KUIU just came out with a line that is about the price of the original Sitka Gear. I like the original Mothwing pattern the best but cannot get it. I do like the current Sitka camo pattern better than the KUIU. Someone sell me on the Sitka over the KUIU line. Thanks for the assistance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back