Pack that fits 21" torso - Mystery Ranch?

I am looking for a pack that will fit my long torso well. As the title says I have a 21" torso, I am currently using a Badlands 2200 as it is fairly long but still does not fit quite right. I am looking for the same style and size pack as the 2200 and have looked at the Eberlestock X2 (way too short), I have looked online at the Mystery Ranch Dragon Slayer packs and they have a yoke size that says 6'4" and over.

Does anyone here have one with the large yoke size that can verify that it fits you well? $340.00 is alot to put down not knowing if it will fit. Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

I have a medium yoke on my MR, it has room left for adjustment. I'm not sure what my torso lenght is, but probalby 19-20, I'm 6'2". If it doesn't fit send it back.

I am in the same boat as you 21.5" Torso...I got the 2200 recently and it seams perfect to me. You can also check out Gregory Packs in L for non hunting packs and Blacks Creek makes packs with adjustable Torsos...Barbarian comes to mind.

Also make sure you are wearing your hip belt at the right level. The bottom of the hip belt should be sitting on top of your hip bones.

Muley,

There is a MR crew cab enroute to me right now with the 6"4"+ yoke. It should be here in a couple days, I'll let you know my findings.

Muleybowhunter,

If you email Mark Seacat about this with your phone number and the best time to call, he will call you and walk you through what you want from a pack and which one in the MR line would do what you want AND which one will fit your torso. His email address is [email protected].

I have seen dozens of posts on other forums about this and folks definitely sound happy about what they decided after talking with him.

Hope this helps.

Larry

Or send him a PM from here. He goes by Seacat and checks in often. If you talk to him, you will not be disappointed.

I have used Dana Gleason's packs plus many others since 1978 and I have had 11 of them, currently own 9 ; these are the finest packs I have ever used and the only other pack I would buy would be a custom from Dan McHale.

I am short and built like a stump, with a 18.5" torso and bullneck....my wife mutters..."Neanderthal".... ;). and I use large yoke and waistbelts on all of my packs. I know from assisting others to choose and buy a MR by using my pack(s) to check their fitting needs, that a MR large yoke WILL fit you.

The lifter situation is best dealt with by buying a 6500 bag if you prefer the NICE system and any of the larger G-packs or hunting military internal frame packs will have higher attachments for these straps and thus they will work as they should.

You cannot beat an MR pack for serious backpack hunting.

muley,

Shipping has been delayed, so I hope to get it by this Friday. I'll let you know my thoughts.

MR CC pack was received today. Initial thoughts are top notch. I've gone through all the visible seams and quality is excellent.

I'm 6'4" and ordered the Large yoke. There is plenty of adjustment to cover my torso and a couple inches more for the real tall guys out there. Muley, I'm thinking you would be very satisfied with it.

I'm comparing the MR to Kifaru packs as that is what I have. The primary advantage I'm really digging at this shallow stage is the compartmentalization of the MR vs. the single cavern bag of the Kifaru.

I've still to tweak the fit and get some load in it, buy my intial impression is very, very positive.

Back