PEAX Equipment

32,000 HP.....Unbelievable!

genesis273

I live about 4 miles from the ZMax Dragstrip in Concord, NC. It`s a 4 wide strip and when you line up 4 Top Fuel Dragsters, the energy is undescribable! :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfrb181oaI&NR=1&feature=fvwp <- check it out!
The Charlotte Motor Speedway (Lowes Motor) is across the street and I have lived here for 43 years and have only went to 3 races in that time. Basically, I hate Nascar! But after getting free tickets to the drag race and trying it....I was blown away. There is so much force (32,000 hp) that you almost can`t see clearly when they go by and your guts feel as if it`s getting all churned up. Even at the distance that I live, you can hear a 4 second roar. I have friends that live 12 miles away and they can hear it at their house. It was crazy....now I need an aspirin! :cool:

At the end of the video when they are at the end of the track, there is a dip in the distance trees, that`s were my house is located! :eek:

I spent many a weekend at the Woodburn Drag Strip back in the '60's when everyone was trying to get past that 200 mph barrier in their direct drive, 392 cid hemi, front engine dragsters. That was real life. I still enjoy it today.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back