Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Lord stanley's cup

It is the only playoffs worth watching, once the NFL playoffs are over.

This is real man's sport here. None of this whining and calling for a foul. No traveling. Trash talking is grounds for a tooth inventory. You don't get breaks to call in five different relief pitchers. Large bodies travelling at 30 mph, hitting each other, or crashing onto the frozen surface.

What more could you ask for?

I love the race for the cup.

I love college hockey....especially since my UMD Bulldogs took the national crown last weekend!

That said, NHL playoff hockey it tough to beat. Since the Wild chit the bed again this year I'll be pulling for the Wings!

MNHunter, Although our SIOUX were favored to win it, I was happy for a former SIOUX, Scott Sandalen, to lead UMD to their first crown. Congrats.

Definitely the toughest sport out there.I don't know how the guys can do it 3 days a week after some of the hits they take.I'll be pulling for the Flyers as always.We all know Philly has the best fans on earth

Thanks. I was at UMD when Sandelin came aboard....I knew he was going to do it some day.

BTW, my neighbor is a Sioux fan and I myself root for them unless they are playing UMD.

Grew up in Grand Forks from late 70's until I was an 8th grader (1990). I was spoiled watching some awesome WCHA teams and players come through the Old Ralph. Lots of great memories.

......is a Sioux fan and I myself root for them unless they are playing UMD.

Ditto. I really thought the Sioux were going to do it, but they hit one hot goalie. Would have been great to see the Sioux and the Dogs in the final. I must say, I would have been cheering the Dogs, and was ecstatic when they won.

Rooting for my Coyotes, but they sure looked lame last night. I don't think they have a prayer to win the cup, but they should beat the wings.

BF,

Is there much hockey in Bozeman? Didnt take it for a HockeyTown but was wondering what the scene is like there...

BF,

Is there much hockey in Bozeman? Didnt take it for a HockeyTown but was wondering what the scene is like there...

We used to have a really good Junior Team in the NAHL. The league pretty much folded and moved to the midwest. Bummer, as they would pack the 4,000 arena every game. Lots of folks here from the midwest hockey belt.

I grew up between Bemidji and International Falls, MN, so hockey was serious stuff in my home grounds, even though I never played anything other than pond hockey. Our school was too small to have a hockey team. The good players went to either UND, UMD, or U of M.

Watched Frozen Four...disappointed when MI won , happy when UM-D put them down!

Phillies are "best Phans"---what? at pouring beer on oponents heads?

Just think, if Petra Rinne, absolutely one of three best goalies this year in NHL keeps playing well and if rest of team remembers there are THREE periods, PREDS could actually win a series....for a change!

Watched Frozen Four...disappointed when MI won , happy when UM-D put them down!

Phillies are "best Phans"---what? at pouring beer on oponents heads?

Just think, if Petra Rinne, absolutely one of three best goalies this year in NHL keeps playing well and if rest of team remembers there are THREE periods, PREDS could actually win a series....for a change!

You call him Petra on purpose? Pekka is his name ha. Preds just might make it out of the first round this year.

Vancouver wins it all.

Stanley's cup - Ollie's cup....who gives a sh**!!! Hockey is only good live and toasted, and then only for the fights. :D ;)

Rooting for my Coyotes, but they sure looked lame last night. I don't think they have a prayer to win the cup, but they should beat the wings.

+1 John. They definitely need to get that PP fixed. If they had taken advantage of those PPs, the score could have been very one sided in favor of the yotes.

Has anyone seen the Avalanche this year? Anyone? I haven't watched hockey since January...

Oak, the Avs traded Stewart. Season got that bad, they did get Erik Johnson in the trade, but we will see how next season pans out.

That seemed like a bad trade from the start. Then the distraction of Foppa's failed comeback, and now Sakic is going to be the front office savior. I'm not holding my breath for next year unless there is a serious upgrade between the pipes.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back