Caribou Gear

What's a good game camera??

polaris_59701

I've been looking to purchase some game camera's for quite a while. There are a ton of models on the market, and some don't review well at all. Looking for some real world experience, on what would be a good camera to purchase.

Thanks.

The problem is that by the time you figure out whether that years model is a good one, they change them all up for the next year and that one may or may not be as good.

A great example is the Bushnell Trophy Cam. Those were really good cameras the first year they came out in 2009, then they changed a bunch of stuff up in 2010 to make them better but actually made them worse. The 2009 camera was great, the 2010 not so much.

Mostly it depends on what you are going to use them for. If you are going to be setting them up over a bait source having one with a slow trigger and incandescent flash is fine, if you are setting it up on a trail then it needs to have a quick trigger and the new true black flash ones are awesome. BUT, the black flash doesn't illuminate as well and so it doesn't cover quite the distance that a red glow or incandescent flash would.

My last camera that I purchased was the UWAY NT50 black flash camera.

http://www.beebusyoutdoors.com/nt50b.html

So far it is working really well.

2_backyard_bucks.jpg

I started out with the Wild Veiw cameras, good for starting because they are cheap, but you get what you pay for. I have since gotten a few Wildgame Inovations, which I really like. I also have two of the Bushnells, which I just got put out, and the pictures I have gotten so far are real nice. Best of luck, I have found that the cameras are a lot of fun, kind of like hunting when the season isn't open. The down fall is you see what passed your spot when you were at work.

Depends on your budget and features you want. Ir flash, white flash, "black" flash, battery life, photo quality, etc the list goes on and on. You should make a short list of the features you want and go from there. The absolute best is the Reconyx line but there HC500 semi-covert flash model runs around $450 and there black flash unit runs $550, but you'll never have a complaint about it other than the cost. All of the other ones a mix of comprimises just got to figure what your willing to give up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back