Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Have you seen this before?

elkdiesel

Went out the other day looking for some bone and came across this little guy. This is the true definition of button buck! I have never seen one so small break the skin and he even rubbed on those little things. Has anyone else come across somthing like this?
buttonbuck002.jpg

buttonbuck003.jpg

The coast of N. Carolina has a large population of generally very small whitetails. A 50# doe, or a 75# buck is the norm.

I was hunting a tree stand, on Camp Lejeune, years back and had a deer approach me head on. It wasn't until it was almost directly under me that I could see the it was a buck. The tiny spikes were nothing more then boney pimples on his head !

nothing like that before, the nubbers I've seen usually dont have mass like that lol

Last one I saw was an old grizzly grey buck whose longest horn was about three inches long, the other similar to those and one inch high. He didn't seem to know it though, because the back of his head and top part of his neck were a caked mat of scabs and blood where he had apparently been fighting every buck in the county.

I cracked open a walnut once and that is what they looked like. That is the closest thing to that I've ever seen.

They do look like walnuts up there. Smallest buck i've ever seen. I'm more excited about the bear tracks you saw yesterday.:D

They do look like walnuts up there. Smallest buck i've ever seen. I'm more excited about the bear tracks you saw yesterday.:D

Me too, I finally have a spot on the wall to justify draggin one home. So this year you might have to fight me for shootin rights;)

Her first deer!:D

Attachments

• big buck.jpg
    big buck.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0170.jpg
    IMG_0170.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 381
Back