Sportsman Channel now available in NY/NJ area with Cablevision!

ladysportsman

Good news for those concrete jungle sportsmen - we are now available in parts of NYC and NJ/Conn. with Cablevision. (Of course, we are still available on DISH and DIRECTV as well)

Some of the official release:

Sportsman Channel, the leader in outdoor TV for the American Sportsman, announced today it is now available on Cablevision Systems Corp. (NYSE: CVC)’s iO Sports & Entertainment Pak, channel 462, in the New York metropolitan area including Long Island, Westchester, The Bronx and Brooklyn in New York City and portions of New Jersey and Connecticut.

You can read the rest of the release here: http://www.thesportsmanchannel.com/newsandevents/pressroom/news.php?ID=478

Good for Sportsman Channel to offer your channel to them. I'm thinking for Season 4 we should send Randy to that area and see if he can find a public restroom. Talk about a true OYOA!! ;)

I have seen two drafts of episodes for this upcoming season. All I can say is Sportsman Channel picked the right Season to reach out to OYOA.

Just watched the NV archery mule deer hunt. Troy did a job filming that like nothing he has ever done before. He had one big camera, two small cameras, and two mics, and he had to try tie together four different characters who were in different locations. He did it and did it beyond anything I ever expected.

The images from the high Nevada desert makes me want to go back again this year. And the two big bucks that got away sure have me wanting to go back, also. My son has 9 NV deer points. He might be splitting them with me this year.

If you have not hunted NV, do yourself a favor and get after it. Time waits for no man.

Sure do wish cableone would make it an option!!!
I kinda like watchin my fellow scandahoovian do his great stuff!
WD

Can you get Charter Cable to pick you up instead of Outdoor Channel? In fact lost outdoor channel on regular cable to Home and Garden! Yikes.

Ladysportsman, even though you say that Directv carries you, it only does so if you subscribe to a higher end package. I would like to see Directv offer you a-la-carte like they do the Outdoor Channel. I am disenchanted with the Outdoor Channel, but I like what I see in the Sportsman's Channel programing.

john, time warner does have it # 564 I've had it the whole time and never knew it. I'm just west of Binghamton.

Just talked to the Bresnan (old) Cablevision (take over) yesterday and he said they will be offering new HD channels in near future..no cost increase...so I am hoping they include Sportsmans? We get it now here in Montana on #416.

john, time warner does have it # 564 I've had it the whole time and never knew it. I'm just west of Binghamton.

When I go to the locator thingy on the SC websight, it says for my zip code back home it's only on satellite..not on cable. Time Warner back home just picked up Outdoor Chaqnnel over the summer last year

John, Locator thingy says I don't get it but I do. Go to time warner they list it.

I just checked online and SC is available, but it's 9.95 for a some sort of sports package. Outdoor Channel is in the 400's, but SC is in the 200's. I'm glad I looked....thank you!! It's definitely something to look into when I move back home

Good for Sportsman Channel to offer your channel to them. I'm thinking for Season 4 we should send Randy to that area and see if he can find a public restroom. Talk about a true OYOA!! ;)

That would be one of those plastic buildings. Just stay downwind and watch out for the white rocks inside.

There will be more news about the whole Bresnan/Cablevision merge in a few months. And yes, I hope that news includes HD carriage! Nothing's been confirmed to date.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back