Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Welcome Sitka

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Seems the time of year that sponsorship deals are getting inked. The first one I want to mention is the formalization of our relationship with Sitka Gear.

As all of you know, we have used Sitka Gear since the show started.

Why would we do that, when we were not getting paid, and others had offered to pay us?

Easy answer - We use what works. We do not chase the dollar. Yeah, the dollar keeps the boat afloat, but the first priority we have had for the show is what is the best gear we can recommend to our viewers.

I had started using Sitka Gear in 2007. It worked marvelously well. I bought full sets of the gear for me and guest hunters in 2008 when we started filming Season One. I expanded the gear pile in 2009 for Season Two.

Sitka was aware of our use of their gear, and liked the show. Most intriguing to them was the hard core hunter we were reaching. Sitka has a primary focus on the serious hunter, and builds a product to meet those demands.

In 2010, Sitka gave me a pile of new Optifade to use. It was a new pattern for me, and many of the clothing items were new, as were the fabrics and features. We used it exclusively for 2010, and you will see that in Season Three.

Sitka came to me and asked if we could increase our relationship to a higher level. Given who well their clothing had performed, that seemed like a great idea.

So, Sitka Gear and On Your Own Adventures are official partners. We are working together to provide product and information that will help the On Your Own hunter be more successful and more comfortable.

You will see more of them on the site. We will be loading links to their page. We have another Sitka garment to give away as a prize this month, and will have even more of them as the year goes by.

We are working on other projects that will benefit our Hunt Talkers, but details are still being sorted out.

One thing that comes clear with Sitka. They are hunters. From top to botton, they hunt and hunt like we do.

Sitka is serious about building the best gear possible for the hard core hunter. They do not cut corners. They want feedback from hunters to continue improving their gear.

Sitka's support for the On Your Own hunter is greatly appreicated. Welcome Sitka.

IMG_5635.JPG

If you care to thank them for support of the On Your Own Hunter, they would be glad to hear from you. Here is the link: Sitka Gear Contact

Its great to see you get another quality sponser. Congratulations Randy and thank you to Sitka for your support.

I'd like to thank them for charging me $80 for a shirt which on the first hunt the sleeve pocket delaminated and I lost $30 worth of mouth diaphragms.This costly malfunction was conveniently overlooked/ignored by the manager at Sportsmans Wharehouse in Bozeman.They did replace the shirt which was awfully white of them.

I'd like to thank them for charging me $80 for a shirt which on the first hunt the sleeve pocket delaminated and I lost $30 worth of mouth diaphragms.This costly malfunction was conveniently overlooked/ignored by the manager at Sportsmans Wharehouse in Bozeman.They did replace the shirt which was awfully white of them.

Bitter!?! :rolleyes:

Glad they're on board, great stuff...:D

Maybe a little since it rather screwed up my hunt that particular morning,but water over the dam.

Looking forward to seeing or hearing about potential special savings or anything like that.

I've been really debating on getting some Sitka gear, the price has been the deal breaker for me so far.

I own 1 item of Sitka, a long sleeve shirt "T" base. It's my "go to" opening day, gonna find me a big bull shirt.
When it gets dirty, I wash it in a creek . It driers in minuets and I wear it again.

Great sponsor Randy, tell em us fat boys wear XX and XXX.

As all of you know, we have used Sitka Gear since the show started.

Why would we do that, when we were not getting paid, and others had offered to pay us?

Easy answer - We use what works. We do not chase the dollar. Yeah, the dollar keeps the boat afloat, but the first priority we have had for the show is what is the best gear we can recommend to our viewers.

I don't think most people can appreciate how difficult it is to turn down dollars from companies that really want to attach themselves to a successful program in favor of using a superior product that (in the beginning) provided no money. It may seem like a no-brainer, but folks who chase sponsorship money for a living would never do that--they'd take the money and use whatever crap came along with it, at least for appearances.

Kudos to Randy and the OYOA team and sponsors, old and new, for not compromising their values. And ours along with them. You can bet I'll be contacting Sitka, as I have other OYOA sponsors, and thanking them for helping to fund a show worthy of the broadcast slot it occupies.

Congrats on the new sponsor. I've been entirely happy with the sitka stuff I have and seem to add a few new items each year.

I really like the Mothwing camo as well. Was sad to see it go.:(

I have no problem with the new pattern but would like to see a few other options. Quality gear regardless. The old Mothwing does seem a bit easier to find than the Max-1.

After hearing all the good things about them and then joining this place and hearing even more I figure I'll have a pair of 90% pants before next fall. Congratulations on another great sponsor.

Congrats Big fin on another great sponsor! If you talk to Sitka guys, here's my suggestion to them...make some sizes to fit all of us "husky" guys! I would love to have some Sitka gear, but it really dosen't fit us bigger guys! Just an idea...

Thats awesome. It was on your show that I first saw Sitka and then thru questions asked here about it that I am now buying my new hunting gear...Sitka. I like to support companies that support the things I like to do & watch. Thank you Sitka for your support of OYOA.

Booyaaaa.... can't get enough of'em. Just bought cold front and a pack (I know we are a mystery ranch group here, but they aren't so bad with packs either) and can't wait for the fall season to use everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back