Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

any help

Mudranger1

anyone want to give up some shed hunting tips that might be useful

What are you looking for, deer, elk, or anything? I would think in Colorado Springs that the deer have started dropping already. Are you in urban or rural areas?

--Bill

I'm looking for anything. I have only seen one buck that had dropped one horn around town all of the others still have had both

If you have seen one around town that has dropped then it's starting. I do quite a bit of deer shedding around town here. I check on the woodlots on my way to work with bino's. After you have seen a few that have shed, walk through the woodlots slowly, you don't want to spook any deer out. Use bino's to check anything you think might be an antler. Sometimes I'll go out at lunch to look and then after work. The key is not to spook the bucks. Glass the bucks, study them, and steer around them if/when you find them. If you find bucks you are in the right places to find their sheds. Walk slow and check behind yourself constantly.

Have fun,
--Bill

Glass like crazy to get an idea of where the game`s hanging out, then move in and pick the horns up once the weather allows the animals to move out of the area.
Don`t over think it, just do your homework and hike your tail off. I haven`t found any `secrets` other than being smart about it and keeping at it. The more time you spend looking, the more you`ll pick up.

Back