Caribou Gear

Cracks ion Rubber Rand on Boots

2rocky

My Cabelas AK Mtn. Hiker boots have developed a crack where the toe crease is on one boot. They are a year and a half old now...

Have any of you run into this in a rubber randed boot and what did you do about it (if anything). The crack is 1" long just infront of the inside first eyelet.

Sho Goo?

My first would be take them back! Cabelas will give you a brand new pair or comparable (credit) if that style is no more. If it says cabelas on it, their warranty is second to none.

My first would be take them back! Cabelas will give you a brand new pair or comparable (credit) if that style is no more. If it says cabelas on it, their warranty is second to none.

Lol you sound like a commercial.... but i like it :D if Cabelas won't take them back I use Aquaseal to fix boots. its primarily used to repair waders, but it stays flexible and moves with the boot. any of those goops you use too if you have any left keep them in the freezer and when you want to use it again just thaw it in a warm cup of water. Good luck with them!

Hell Jezz, they are just getting Broken in. It doesn't have anything flapping on it, and if it does I'll trim it off.

Back in the old days Leather boots didn't have a fancy rubber rand. I figure by the time I kill these, much of this rand will be missing. I'm just trying to get more mileage out of what has proven to be a pretty tough boot.

I would just goo them. I've had rands separate somewhat frequently, but it's usually near the end of the boot life anyway. Usually just trim them off. I don't think I'd be trying to return a pair of boots that's 1.5 years old, but I usually wear them out in about that much time.

Lol you sound like a commercial.... but i like it :D !

Hell as much $ as I have spent there, I figure they owe me :p I took back a pair of binos that were 4 yrs old, no questions asked and got a nice pair of euros to boot :D Their warranty just... obliging them :hump:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back