Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Big Ten Football

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
If I have to sit through one more bowl game where a high ranked Big Ten team gets there heads handed to them by an SEC team or some lower rated team, I think I will quit watching college football.

How do these Big Ten teams get ranked the way they do? The only ones doing worth a damn this year are Penn State, and they are playing an unranked team, and Iowa, who posted a big surprise.

No wonder Nebraska wanted to join the Big Ten, they laid an egg of Big Ten proportions when they played U Dub the other night.

I am hoping TCU bring the lumber when they play the Badgers. Maybe the Cheesers will make a good showing, but as of right now, the Big Ten should not get an invite to any bowl, let alone an automatic BCS bid.

I have a feeling that the Hogs are gonna give the Buckeyes a tough ride in another Big Ten - SEC matchup. Of course, the folks in Columbus are already making excuses that their best violators, I mean best players, are suspended for the game.

The only thing that can be said about Big Ten teams is that their fans travel well, and spend lots of money in the host city. That is the only reason I can see for these teams getting invites to the bowls they end up in.

Enough already - get a damn playoff system for this circus. Yeah, the eventual champion will be deserved as the winner of Oregon and Auburn, but too many other teams are thrown in the mix due to their membership in certain conferences resulting in more deserving teams being left out.

If the Final Four Basketball Tourney was rigged as bad as the bowl system, we would have never heard of Northern Iowa, Valparaiso, Richmond, Gonzaga, or the other lion slayers that cause us to tune in each March and hope for the underdogs.

Well, here's to hoping that Bucky shows TCU don't belong but I guess I could be in for a surprise. If Wisconsin can run and control the ball they should do good but defense could be suspect against the frogs. Lets go BADGERS

All this BS shows the system is wrong. The old bowl system isn't American. It goes against our system. The teams should go through a playoff system same as the lesser divisions. I'm tired of watching teams play for the "Who gives a chit" bowl.

Playoffs?!?....P...P...P....Playoffs?1? Were talking about playoffs???
Under our present BCS?BS format, It is assumed that, prior to the season, all 100+ teams agree that only 2 teams will be capable of playing championship ball come January. In the past week I have seen a couple of teams that could give a good argument for playoffs.
This system is broken and controlled by the very people who profit from it. Including the Big 10/11/12.
This system is a total travesty. It is no more transparent than dog sh1t which it coincidentally appears to be. How do you put so much weight in a dude hiding behind a curtain?? When my kids don't want to tell me details-I know something is wrong. Something stinks here. It's the unholy alliance between the BCS and the AQ conferences.
I propose a Hunttalk poll to determine the college football top 10. We can then lobby to have our poll included in one of the computer/crap rankings

If I have to sit through one more bowl game where a high ranked Big Ten team gets there heads handed to them by an SEC team or some lower rated team, I think I will quit watching college football.

How do these Big Ten teams get ranked the way they do? The only ones doing worth a damn this year are Penn State, and they are playing an unranked team, and Iowa, who posted a big surprise.

No wonder Nebraska wanted to join the Big Ten, they laid an egg of Big Ten proportions when they played U Dub the other night.

I am hoping TCU bring the lumber when they play the Badgers. Maybe the Cheesers will make a good showing, but as of right now, the Big Ten should not get an invite to any bowl, let alone an automatic BCS bid.

I have a feeling that the Hogs are gonna give the Buckeyes a tough ride in another Big Ten - SEC matchup. Of course, the folks in Columbus are already making excuses that their best violators, I mean best players, are suspended for the game.

The only thing that can be said about Big Ten teams is that their fans travel well, and spend lots of money in the host city. That is the only reason I can see for these teams getting invites to the bowls they end up in.

Enough already - get a damn playoff system for this circus. Yeah, the eventual champion will be deserved as the winner of Oregon and Auburn, but too many other teams are thrown in the mix due to their membership in certain conferences resulting in more deserving teams being left out.

If the Final Four Basketball Tourney was rigged as bad as the bowl system, we would have never heard of Northern Iowa, Valparaiso, Richmond, Gonzaga, or the other lion slayers that cause us to tune in each March and hope for the underdogs.

Atta baby! I love college football, but I'm with you the system needs a huge make-over!

what??? fightin illini won..........

would love to see them go back to when they only had 3-4 bowl games. then be done with it. does it really matter who is number one when everything is said and done?

I'm with you Big Finn. Looks like TCU just might do it against the Badgers. What suprises me is how well the non AQ teams do in the BCS games. The only ones to lose so far are TCU and Hawaii, and TCU only lost because they had to play BSU. I think they both would have won last year if they had played in seperate games. And yet the Big 10 still gets an at large. If this was any other "business", congress would step in and people would be going to jail! The Big East shouldn't even get an invite,but they are an AQ conference. The BCS conferences shouldn't get an invite if they don't have a team in the top 15.

Last edited:
QUOTE]

BINGO!

Big Bowl Games...I lost interest in them years ago, I guess.
I didn't watch any.
It was too windy to ice fish....so, I went road hunting for coyote....and achieved the expected results... (ZIP). But.... I saw a lot of beautiful fresh snowfallen scenery. :hump:

I'm not really a college football fan as A) I don't have a "team", B) there's no playoff system and C) the BCS sucks.

Thaat being said, I had Wisconsin +3 today and so it appears I win money AND the Badgers lose! Can't get better than that!

Surprise! As Dandy Don Meredith used to sing. "Turn out the lights, the party's over". Great game and the Tank saved the day. It could have very easily went into overtime, Frogs go undefeated as they win the Rose Bowl 21-19.
Well, here's to hoping that Bucky shows TCU don't belong but I guess I could be in for a surprise. If Wisconsin can run and control the ball they should do good but defense could be suspect against the frogs. Lets go BADGERS

Last edited:
NEVADA vs. BC......Thats the only game that matters!!! Kraft Fight Against Hunger Bowl!!!!! GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!

Big Ten ??? Always Overrated ! look at How they Rank Michigan... they play Patsies they always Hype some dude for the Heisman... Big Ten is just Old Name Overrated football ... always will be... Loved watching all 5 Big ten teams get beat today... what a joke... look how many teams they put in Bowl Games ASU could have beat 4out of 5 big 10 teams today... they almost beat Wisconsin in Madison...

As a PENN STATE fan, I must say they did NOT deserve to go to a bowl game this year, especially a New Years day bowl. How can any 7-5 team (including Florida) play on New Years day?

By the way, the game was actually closer then I thought it would be.

good luck to all
the dog

While everyone debates the hunttalk top 10 let's also come up with some new sponsor names....you've all made some up over the years, let's hear em.

Massengill...no, i can't go there.

The Ty-D-Bowl, only the ****tiest teams have a chance to play here. Played at Boise State of course.

The "Rice Bowl"... best teams from China & Japan... Cheerleaders scream... Love you long time or you #1.... G.I...

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back