Caribou Gear Tarp

Wussification of the NFL?

Sytes

Since when did people wuss out on a SNOW football game? This is twice in a row... Mayor of philly canceled MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL??

Sure darn heavy snow though seems we are getting a bit whimpy when games are getting moved... Really? as if 1 day later changes this type of weather???

Cities have good heads up on weather... get those damn plows and traffic cops out there! Get the game going... Some of the most epic games were played in some good snow!

That'd make poor 3D HD footage. And what if the players get cold? Can't have that. ;)

Remember the "Ice Bowl"... Wussification of America... its everywhere... Can't spank kids etc,etc ... all the Wussie crap... .. agree with the post...

Maybe the N.F.L. shouldn't keep score... that hurts some players/fans... feelings!:D:D

I think it had more to do with TV for the cancel of the game.Heavy snow and 40 mph winds that night.Would have been like listening to the game on the radio.You wouldn't have been able to see a thing.I was surprised though of the cancel.Would have been interesting to watch,if you could see anything, and may have even given Minn. a chance in the game
I'd like to see a super bowl played here in the cold, but that'll never happen

I hope my Vikings have an "Implode the Dome" party and build a real football stadium - an outdoor stadium. They will have to get rid of the overpaid pussies on the team if they are to play outside, but if you are going to live in that cold, God-forsaken country, at least use the home field advantages Mother Nature gave you. Hell, I would rather they rebuild the ugly old Met Stadium and play out there, rather than the cozy confines of the Big Bag.

Just not sure many of the players in the league are willing to play in those conditions. Hell, I see high school kids here in Montana playing the state playoffs in worse conditions than would have been in Philly. And those kids don't get paid a penny.

I agree, these guys are too soft for the money they get paid. I think that for the money they are paid, they should be like in the Monty Python movies - a missing limb is nothing more than a flesh wound, now get back out there and make a tackle.

Wussies, pussies, and overpaid lilly-hearted licksplits, abound in the NFL/NBA/MLB. Now hockey, there is a real sport.

I hope my Vikings have an "Implode the Dome" party and build a real football stadium - an outdoor stadium. They will have to get rid of the overpaid pussies on the team if they are to play outside, but if you are going to live in that cold, God-forsaken country, at least use the home field advantages Mother Nature gave you. Hell, I would rather they rebuild the ugly old Met Stadium and play out there, rather than the cozy confines of the Big Bag.

Just not sure many of the players in the league are willing to play in those conditions. Hell, I see high school kids here in Montana playing the state playoffs in worse conditions than would have been in Philly. And those kids don't get paid a penny.

I agree, these guys are too soft for the money they get paid. I think that for the money they are paid, they should be like in the Monty Python movies - a missing limb is nothing more than a flesh wound, now get back out there and make a tackle.

Wussies, pussies, and overpaid lilly-hearted licksplits, abound in the NFL/NBA/MLB. Now hockey, there is a real sport.

Got that right, though I still love the NFL

I'll bet Bud Grant ground his teeth a bit when he heard of the cancelation/postponement.
I remember being AT a couple of December games at the old Met Stadium in the early 70's when it snowed many many inches prior to, during and after the game............
No heaters (for Vikings players)....People made it to the Stadium and had a ball.........a hot air baloon got free of it's teathers at halftime and made a crash landing in the parking lot.....NFL Today filmed myself and half a dozen of my drunken friends doing the polka outside of my friends Viking Bus........saw my whole life pass before my eyes as myself and a couple thousand other fans tried removing the goalposts following the game only to have the sardine can of people start to fall to the turf and get trampled, myself included.......what great memories.....IN THE SNOW!
WD

Last edited:
Man, I love watching football in the snow...it's classic to see how well they hold on to the ball, how many fumbles, all the sliding. That's good stuff. Really wish they would stop the namby pamby babying that's going on and make them play.

ha ha ha...... bunch of soccer moms!!!!!!! come on it's been snowing in december for a million years. This pussyfieing of America makes me sick. Jack Lambert must be somewhere shaking his head.

Pennsylvania Guv:
"My biggest beef is that this is part of what's happened in this country," Rendell said.
"We've become a nation of wusses. The Chinese are kicking our butt in everything," he added. "If this was in China do you think the Chinese would have called off the game? People would have been marching down to the stadium, they would have walked and they would have been doing calculus on the way down."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5960674

Don't let Gov. Rendell fool you.He's a liberal that is the countries biggest problem.He may talk a big game but if you live here you know better.Sounded good though;just strange coming from his mouth.I guess he doesn't practice what he preach

You convinced me. I'm going to support Karen Rodgers and the Packers the rest of this season. Luckily I saved the application :D

Attachments

• Green Bay Application.pdf
    122.7 KB · Views: 109

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back