Having a rifle built

174in

I am getting a 7mm-08 built what do you guys think about the 140gr nosler accubond for a all around bullet?Mostly it will be used for deer sized game and the occasional elk.Any other bullet recomendations?I am not a big fan of the barnes bullets.
700 rem sa blueprinted
jewl trigger
kreiger barrell sporter
hs precision stock
talley lw rings
leupold 2.5-8 cds dial

You don't choose a bullet, the rifle does:)

140gr Accubond would be a good starting point though. I've never shot them that light in 7mm, but if the rifle likes it, it should be fine for the purposes you mentioned.

Great Choice ! And I'll Ditto, Ditto the previous posts. Let that new girl find what she likes in the chamber and Happy Hunting !

What twist rate are you getting in your barrel and what lenght will the finished barrel be? If you are bound and determined to shoot that weight of bullet make sure you get a twist rate that will stabilize that weight of bullet. With the correct twist rate to stabilize your bullet weight you are half way to getting a good shooter. I would suggest that YOU make the decision because gunsmiths are like every other profession - they do it their way.

In general, i think your gonna find that the 7mm caliber will generally shoot 160 grain bullets better than 140's.

The gun will tell you, let it make the call.

Thats just the experience i've had with a few 7mm calibers.

going with a 1-10 twist rate mainly going to try using 140gr bullets my thoughts on bumping up to 160 is that I would be better off going to a 308 if I was going to shoot a bullet that size I guess.

I would say the 140 or the 150 would be an excellent choice depending on what the rifle likes. Make sure the rifling is lapped and the crown on the muzzle is clean, no burrs. Play with the loads both up and down. Find out where the rifle shoots best.

If you get the barrel you say you are you may find it shoots anything well .Kreiger makes nice pipes. My 7WSM shoots 120's as good as 140 or 160's but like others say, tell your barrel manufacture what you want to use for a bullet and they may suggest a twist for you. .

I really like the Nosler bal tip on deer. I shot an elk last year with the new E Tip and was quite happy with its performance. What I like is my rifle shoots both of these bullets virtually the same.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back