Caribou Gear Tarp

September Prize winners are listed here.

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Here are the September Prize winners: (Prize - Hunt Talk Handle). Sorry for the delays, but I have been on the road a lot and was finally able to get this done:

GRAND PRIZE:
Mystery Ranch Crew Cab - capttowboater

Other Prizes:
Leupold Flashlight - Bucnutz.wis

Shooters Ridge Shooting Sticks - belly-deep

Rip Cord Arrow Rest - DreaminofMT6X6s

TighSpot Quiver - cadman59501

Montana Decoy - mthunter

Leatherman - dan.kirkpatrick

Primos Baffle Bugle - Goldtip

HuntingGPSmaps.com - texasbucksandbirds

Point Blank Calls - Whip

Otis Technologies - greatbasin

And all winners will receive an On Your Own Adventures - Season One DVD.

If your name is on this list, you have until the end of the month to send your contact information to Mrs. Fin, or Kim, as she is known around these parts. Her email is [email protected].

Upon receiving your name and mailing address, we will send you the item you have won, or make arrangements with the sponsor to send it directly to you. If you don't get in touch with her (Kim) before the end of the month, your prize will be awarded to the alternate for this month. Yes, we did draw alternates in the event some person does not want their prize.

For those of you who won, I hope you will take the time to send a thank you note to the sponsors. And if you feel you have a debt to the show/site, that can be repaid by sending a kind comment about this operation to the great sponsors listed below.

Contact links for all these fine sponsors are at the hotlinks below. Whether you won or not, I hope you will encourage them for their support of the On Your Own hunter:

Mystery Ranch

Leupold

Shooters Ridge Shooters Ridge is owned by the same parent company as Federal Premium Ammo, ATK Corporation.

Rip Cord Arrow Rests

TightSpot Quivers

Montana Decoy

Leatherman

Primos

Otis Technology

HuntingGPSMaps.com

Point Blank Hunting Calls

If you are not registered and you do not post, you cannot win. Pretty simple.

Grats all! - Thanks to the sponsorers for the prizes to boot and Randy n crew for OYOA!

Sweet! I won the shooting sticks!

Thanks a bunch OYOA and Shooters Ridge!!!

I'll write in as a backup if someone doesn't claim their prize ;)

B'Fin, you should have time to be sending stuff, that means you're not hunting enough...... :p

Kudos to Big Fin and Hunttalk sponsors for the great prizes.
Congrats to the winners-now claim your prizes!

Damn, maybe next month for me! Can I have what they don't claim, lol Congrats all!

Looks like I won the baffle bugle, thanks Bigfin for your show and a great website. I will send Kim all my info.

Miller called me yesterday. He was crabbin that he did not receive the blow up sheep decoy he won in last months drawing. Wonder what the sheep fixation is with you MT guys.

Update on prize drawings:

Many of the prizes have not been claimed. We are deferring the drawings until year-end, when we will have a really big drawing.

Any prizes not claimed as of today, December 1st, go into the year-end drawing. Thought there would be more interest in claiming these prizes.

So, we will have a BAYED, Big-A?? Year-End Drawing. That drawing will have some different rules. It will require that you not only be registered, but you have posted some over the course of the TV season.

Seems that some guys who have won posted very seldom, and probably never check back to see if they won. I could go through the hassle of emailing the winners, but part of the drawings is to engage new people as frequent participants in the forums, which has worked very well. If they are not engaged enough to check and see if they won, I guess they weren't too engaged.

Good news is that I have a huge pile of goodies for the year-end drawing. Leupold scope, Leupold binos, Mystery Ranch Pack, Kenetrek Boots, Leathermen (lots of them), Black Gold sights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, TightSpot Quivers, Montana Decoys, and much more. It will be better than Christmas, which is why we will do it in late January. Thinking I might go to SHOT show with my hand out, asking for more goodies to throw in the drawing.

The only thing that might disrupt the year-end drawings is if Mrs. Fin gets fed up with all this stuff being stacked in the reading room, and she has a pre-Christmas yard sale. :eek: Be watching the classifieds here, or on E-Bay. She sells stuff real cheap, when it is my stuff.

Some have emailed and asked what the status of the drawings are. That is the status.

In addition to the BAYED, we will continue the drawings next airing season. I will have to think of a better way to do it, to make sure people who win actually check in to see that they won and notify us of their mailing address.

Thanks to all of you who make Hunt Talk the great site it is.

I am sure you are more than capable of figuring out how to give stuff away. If you want a little buzz associated with it, simply give winners a wek to claim and then redraw that prize if not claimed. Except when KHunter is on an archery hunt;)

Or do like Hunting fool and Sell tickets for $50 a pop:eek:.

Someday the guy that failed to claim the MR crewcab will say 'Whoops". LOL

Back