Bcs projection

TOM IN TENNESSEE

BSU Numero Uno!
Hahahahahahahahahahaha
So much for BCS !!!!!
Actually, I think the Broncos could play with anyone on a given day.....but a season is much more demanding in a REAL conference....

Yeah, they've sure been shown who's boss in those BCS bowl games by teams who play in a real conference...

But hey Tom, at least you know Tennessee is better than Tennessee-Martin!

There will always be haters and non-believers...even if Boise State wins it all this year.

I hope to see them in the title game but you know that how ever they finish out this year the BCS will pass them over they will do the same thing to TCU, not being a hater just telling it how it is going to happen. OH yea GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:hump:

I live in Boise, they are a good team no doubt. However, realistically, if they were in a tough conference there is a high likelyhood they would not be ranked #1 in the BCS. Its easier to to prepare for 1 big game than to play above average teams week in and week out. Just my opinion, dont be haters!

Smalls, hope to schedule UT Chattanooga soon!
Meanwhile, mighty Ohio St will move out of its conference schedule, MAC, and play WI !!!
Meanwhile . bsck in the SEC, our worse in yesrs UT tesm. plays OR, FL,then a breather that almost beat us, UAB, then LSU, UGA, AL and the real USC ......we close out with push over Ol MS, KY and Vandy who always play their best against us.....maybe we will actually get another win against Memphis ,,,,
BSU shud try that schedule with their good team...then I like my Grand-Dau's hubby currently in Afghan, will be a believer...

Last edited:
For all the fans of real teams in real conferences, why is it BSU tries to strengthen their schedule and no one will play them? I'm sure Nebraska will not drop Troy from their tough schedule to have an early loss. I'm sure Ohio State will keep Miami Ohio on their's and SEC will continue to play Memphis and so on and so on. But it all boils down to money, and I'm sure there are alot more rich alum from the SEC than from the WAC.

For all the fans of real teams in real conferences, why is it BSU tries to strengthen their schedule and no one will play them? I'm sure Nebraska will not drop Troy from their tough schedule to have an early loss. I'm sure Ohio State will keep Miami Ohio on their's and SEC will continue to play Memphis and so on and so on. But it all boils down to money, and I'm sure there are alot more rich alum from the SEC than from the WAC.

the big conferences dont need to schedule tough teams because their regular conference schedule is strength enough, whereas, boise's is not and they are looking for tough teams to increase their strength of schedule.

Boise is too good to risk a loss in a non conference game when they have the strength of schedule already to make it happen if they win.

Its unfortunate for BSU to be in a conference like they are when they have a great team. Its out of their control but you cant blame teams for not wanting to play them. if they were in the SEC or even PAC 10 they probably wouldnt be looking for great teams to schedule non conference games with either. They just have to now to get in up in the BCS.

I will always be a hater; maybe it is the Vandal in me? For those that think nobody will play BJC maybe it should be realized that BJC requires at least one million dollars to go play anybody from a BCS conference; yes there is some fear factor in that the other team does think that bjc could possibly beat them. The other factor is that Nebraska or Oklahoma does not want to play in 35,000 seat donkey stadium because of limited revenue. Boise has plans for a bigger stadium but cannot sell out their medium sized stadium but once or twice a year; last year twice (Oregon and Idaho). Tides turn in college football, bjc has been on a great ride and has fielded some talented teams but it cannot last forever. I do hope bjc plays in the NC game perhaps against Ohio State; if they would pull that off I would be a believer but still a hater.
Hopefully I have not upset too many bandwagon fans nor the bsu grad coming to pheasant hunt with me this weekend.

HowaHUnter I am not a hater but I do feel most of the fans came after the Oklahoma game. I never hear anyone talk about the great games they had back in the day against Marshall and Youngstown. I had a friend play there back in the mid 90's. I've liked them every since then. The bandwagoneers really make me wonder who's a fan and who's just whoooping it up while they win.

HowaHUnter I am not a hater but I do feel most of the fans came after the Oklahoma game. I never hear anyone talk about the great games they had back in the day against Marshall and Youngstown. I had a friend play there back in the mid 90's. I've liked them every since then. The bandwagoneers really make me wonder who's a fan and who's just whoooping it up while they win.

I agree with you Slick you can't deny that most of the fans came after the Oklahoma game. They did have some great games back in the day even against the Vandals when the Vandals had their way with bsu just like bsu has had with the Vandals the last ten years or so. I too had a buddy play for bsu during this stretch of "we can't be beat" I too wonder who is a real fan or who will jump ship at the first game they lose. I will give credit to bsu they do have a good football team but the institution has sacrificed other elements to obtain that success. There is nothing wrong with rooting for a football team but when it gets to the point that the said fan thinks they are or were part of the football team or some esteemed alum then that person really needs some help. I just hope all this NC talk ends the night of November 12th.

one more thing on scheduling---most teams schedules are done years in advance --also most schools want a home on home contract and as mentioned big schools aren't into playin in a small revenue place, it doesn't benefit them---

oh GO HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!

you couldnt have said it any better!

I will always be a hater; maybe it is the Vandal in me? For those that think nobody will play BJC maybe it should be realized that BJC requires at least one million dollars to go play anybody from a BCS conference; yes there is some fear factor in that the other team does think that bjc could possibly beat them. The other factor is that Nebraska or Oklahoma does not want to play in 35,000 seat donkey stadium because of limited revenue. Boise has plans for a bigger stadium but cannot sell out their medium sized stadium but once or twice a year; last year twice (Oregon and Idaho). Tides turn in college football, bjc has been on a great ride and has fielded some talented teams but it cannot last forever. I do hope bjc plays in the NC game perhaps against Ohio State; if they would pull that off I would be a believer but still a hater.
Hopefully I have not upset too many bandwagon fans nor the bsu grad coming to pheasant hunt with me this weekend.

Spoken like a true Vandal! My grandson's would be proud of you as they were assimilated into the Vandal culture at an early age dammit!
GO BRONCOS!!

It is always funny to me how many Vandals hate BSU, yet they come live in Boise after they graduate.

Won't schedule Boise....ummmm.....so since all three teams have nothing to gain and everything to lose, how is it that Tennessee, Okalahoma and Ohio St have just scheuled home and homes over next few years? We have scheduled, for example, when they were ranked in top ten, Notre Dame, Penn St, Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Syracuse, etc....but BSU can't find anyone to play them ????? Yeah right!
You can go to NCAAFootball for BCS poll with a breakdown of how each team was rated by the entities that make up the BCS....BSU doesn't even get as much respect as I would give them in the computer part of the poll!
I personally would take away the automatic BCS bowl bid from the Big East and give it to the WAC!!!

When they take the auto BCS bid away from the BIG East they are going to give it to the Mountain West.......:D Then you will see Bosie State in a big bowl game every year.....:eek:

Things look damn good for BSU right now.
Ohio St going down like they did (made some money for me), Huskers blew it and never should have been ranked that high anyway, Bama--well.. hahahah.
TCU has AF & Utah Still, Utah is tough, and AF can run the ball. Nevada lost to Hawaii (made some money on that one too), but regardless represent the only threat to Boise
Auburn has LSU this weekend and STILL has to play Alabama. Oklahoma is waaay overrated and will lose to Missouri at missouri.
VA tech is started to play stronger and stronger and is back in the rankings.

Meanwhile, Oregon has OR State and Arizona as the only potential challengers.

BSU/OR NC game.

THATS what I'd like to see.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back