Caribou Gear Tarp

Which point and shoot camera?

van franke

Im in the market for a point and shoot camera just searching for some ideas. I looked at the sony w330 and a couple of the nikon coolpix and all are over 10 mp, I need it to be east to use the wife is going to use it on a trip. Ant suggestions is appreciated.

I have a Nikon coolpix 10mp and I am not completly happy with it. It does not seem to capture the true colors or with the correct exposure. Sunny days seem to be under exposed and cloudy days just look flat. Even with adjustment of the exposure I can't seem to get it right. In the past...way past...nikon film cameras, I always had great pictures. The camera that I had before the coolpix was a panasonic lumix with a zeiss lens...thought it should have been better than it was. So if you come up with a digital point and shoot that takes awesome photos, I am interested too.

The other thing that bugs me about point and shoot cameras are rechargeable batteries...I would rather have one that takes AA or AAA batteries, I always have plenty of those in camp, and in my pack. I hate missing photo opportunities due to dead batteries.

You might take a look at the Fuji FinePix F70EXR

Have not had any exposure issues with it. Of course, I don't get to use it as my wife took it away from me because she likes it better than her Nikon. So guess what I use now?

I prefer canon. For a cheap point and shoot, take everywhere camera, you don't need to spend high dollar. I think I paid $80 for my wife's 7mp canon. Takes awesome pics and 7mp is over kill for what we use it for anyway. 3mp will do 8x10 or less. I usually set our cameras around the 5mp setting anyway to save room for more pics and so it doesn't eat up so much space on the computor. JstM2C

Back