Yeti GOBOX Collection

Episode Two - Montana Bighorn

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
This week you get to see a bighorn sheep hunt in the Missouri Breaks country of central Montana. I am anxious to get the feedback from people who see this one.

A buddy of mine, Vaughn Everly, drew this tag and asked us to tag along and film. It was a great hunt. We took on this task at the last minute, as I did not want to mess up a once in a lifetime hunt for a great friend like Vaughn. But, he called and said he was going to shoot a ram in the next week, so we packed up, headed through the blizzard and met up with him. Given the short notice, I had to be camera guy #2, so don't blame Loren for some of the sketchy stuff that doesn't meet his professional quality level.

The two dead rams you see in this footage would have been the state record in most any state other than Montana or Alberta. Wish they were still running around out there. Good luck to any person who has this tag in 2010. They are in for a hunt of their life.

If you want to read the day by day account of the hunt, go here:

Montana Bighorn Sheep

If you want to see a teaser clip, go here: http://onyourownadventures.com/video.php It is the Episode Two teaser.

The air times have been sorted out with the Outdoor Channel and are as follows:

Wednesdays - 11:00am
Fridays - 10:30pm
Sundays - 3:00pm

All times are MOUNTAIN TIME.

Many of us on this board know Vaughn. Breaks Runner was there for a couple days of the fun, along with some other helpers who Vaughn knew. You won't see them in the footage, as it is too hard to introduce six different people who are coming in and out of the scene and try to explain to the viewer who is who, and what happened to that person who disappeared.

Thanks to all who helped, especially Vaughn and Loren, for working so hard to make this an episode that I think you will all like.

Randy I have not cough one of the shows yet, I's so bummed . Work has been so crazy. Any way to see them or will they be back up on ODC ?

I just watched the elk episode over the weekend, had it recorded on the tivo. Great hunt, I loved it. We as the viewer definitely get a sense of the work it takes. Unlike other hunting shows from the minute the camera is rolling the hunter is into elk. That never happens in real life, at least to me. So, it is great to see a show that captures the spirit of how hunting really is. You don't always harvest an animal on your show and I like that too...again that is real life. Love it, definitely looking forward to the sheep hunt episode.

Randy I have not cough one of the shows yet, I's so bummed . Work has been so crazy. Any way to see them or will they be back up on ODC ?

They do repeat in 4th quarter. And, I will have DVDs available for sale in late November that will have the entire season, and some outtakes that you won't get to see on Outdoor Channel.

They do repeat in 4th quarter. And, I will have DVDs available for sale in late November that will have the entire season, and some outtakes that you won't get to see on Outdoor Channel.

I'm gonna hold you to that so I can count on the DVDs as Xmas gifts :D

I think this sheep hunt is a must see along with the antelope ect....... He's got some good ones this year excluding a deer hunt;)

Loved the show, but that's about normal.

Did a score for flare ever get posted? I don't remember seeing it.

Keep up the great work on the best hunting show around.

Awesome show!

What a great hunt, it's a real shame about "Tank" and I hope they catch the guilty party, a magnificent animal like that deserves a better end. A legal and ethical hunter is cheated out of a trophy by a common criminal is a story that is getting repeated far too often.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Bob

Randy that was probly the best show Ive ever seen on the outdoor channel. Its an absolute shame about tank, and someone taking that from Vaughn. Lots of respect for Vaughn, unbelievable hunt

Big kudos on that episode Randy, really amazing hunt.

Finding Tank like that must've been the most sinking feeling ever. I know I felt sick both reading about it at the time, and then watching the episode this morning.
Your buddy Vaughn handled that about as well as he could've.

You're setting the bar very high for yourself this year, some awesome episodes so far.

199bighornantelope09015.jpg

I never did hear if they found out what happened to this ram.....I remember when we scored it I felt sick to my stomach.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back