Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Pac-16?

Oak

Expert
Thoughts? Having grown up watching CU-Nebraska games the day after Thanksgiving, this is a tough pill.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5270048

With Nebraska apparently headed to the Big Ten, the Pac-10 is poised to become the Pac-16.

Colorado already has received an invitation to join the conference, while five other invitations will be extended to Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech, according to a source familiar with the negotiations.

A Big 12 football coach, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, told ESPN.com's Mark Schlabach on Wednesday night that if Nebraska left the Big 12 the conference would dissolve, according to his athletics director and university president. The coach said Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado would join the Pac-10, leaving Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri and Iowa State behind.

Not something I want to see to be honest. Being an alumnus of UW, I am fine with it staying the PAC-10, I also foresee BSU wanting to join the PAC-10 and am surprised they have not been extended an invite before Colorado. Being a 16 team conference you will have "IN" conference teams who would not have played each other prior to the end of the regular season, which does not sit well when it comes time to determine who is the conference champion.

It's all about the "BIG MONEY"! The big 12 north has been a bust for some time , and I don't blame Nebraska for going to the Big 10 or Colorado leaving the Big 12. The only teams making money are Texas and Oklahoma, they are the golden boys of the Big 12 with all the TV appearences. I agree with Goldtip, Boise State should be in the Pac 10 and show everyone that they are for real. We'll just have to wait and see where this all falls into place.

I'm an ASU alum, football season ticket holder and rabid fan & I HATE the idea! I'm not super-conservative or anti-change and I want the PAC to be competitive in the lucrative TV contracts game, but I hate to see this change. I like the occasional road trip to the Cali, Oregon & Washington schools & am not a fan of adding the Texas & Oklahoma schools to the mix at all. CU & Boise St I am all for adding.

I understand the need to generate revenue, etc., but I have all but given up pro sports except baseball (haven't watched NBA or NHL once since their last, respective strikes--rarely watch NFL reg. season) and love the college game, atmosphere, etc. When it becomes ALL about the Benjamins, and not even in a veiled manner, I'll probably be turned off and tune my attention and my money into some other channel.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back