Popped her cherry.

icb12

Preface: The sportsmans show was good to me. I am a big fan of dana design junk. Mostly for the last few years I've been using a CFP-90 recon pack for all my adventures. Id finger-banged a few MR packs and like them. Not a huge fan of external frames at all, so about December I was just getting my clicker finger ready to purchase a pack when I learned MR would be coming up here. I called Mr MR himself and asked if it would be worth my while to wait.. they informed me "smoking deals" would be in order. (debateable) So I waited.. and finally got a new pack last week.

Now, WDH, being another new member to the club informed me that this was not something to take lightly. My new MR would not be conducive to my style of apartment living. She simply would not be happy playing xbox and drinking beer. I must walk her daily, and feed her an even consistent diet of blood and sweat. I vowed to keep my new pack happy. The very next day she went to work with me. (it was bring your pack to work day) She had the honor to carry a nikon total station and some prisms as well as a couple Trimble GPS units and data collectors as I slogged through the snow doing some Topo work for a Hydro project.

Then came her first day of school. I decided, as a good owner, some secondary education was in order. As a final exam I decided to load her up with as many books as possible and go wander around campus and see how many funny looks I tallied up.
Her courseload? 1 Federal aviation Regulations book, 1 IFR book, 2 calculus books, 1 surveying book, 1 GIS owners manual/book, 1 civil 3d book, 1 sony laptop and power cord, 1 field book, 2 calculators, 2 pencils, 1 scale, 1 chocolate milk, 1 beer, and 2 things of string cheese. Of course she graduated at the top of her class.

But school proved boring for her, and she begged to play hoooky. Im a good parent and truly believe all work and no play makes for a very dull day. So I agreed and we skipped out on school to go look for some furry animals.
Thought I would share some pictures of our first Journey together :)
DSCF3076.jpg

DSCF3078.jpg

DSCF3088.jpg

DSCF3095.jpg

DSCF3096.jpg

DSCF3102.jpg

DSCF3101.jpg

DSCF3108.jpg

DSCF3126.jpg

DSCF3132.jpg

DSCF3130.jpg

DSCF3131.jpg

Seriously, Funnin' aside. Great pack. Love it. I can see why they are so immensely popular on this board and elsewhere. Some things I've learned.
Those Cam-lock tensioners are useless with frozen fingers
Camlocks are useless when filled with snow and frozen (but what isn't)
The lid is HUGE, fits way more stuff than I anticipated
The fabric isn't very water resistant at all. When I take this home to SE AK, its going to get thrashed by all the rain. (moot point, as a SEaster I habitually pack all my stuff in Ziplocs anyway)
Those Backpack straps on the lid HAVE to go. Completely lame and pointless.
Heard complaints about Noise..? Mine is super quiet, compared to a Barneys that squeaks and wobbles.
Not much else. Enjoy the pics, and have a nice day, because its sunny here in Alaska.

thanks for the call fag.

I'm sitting here collecting unemployment checks and could really use something to get my spirit up. I didn't even get out of bed today.

My MR pack wants to know what your MR pack is doing next weekend? Mine wants to go scout out a grizzly spot....

thanks for the call fag.

I'm sitting here collecting unemployment checks and could really use something to get my spirit up. I didn't even get out of bed today.

My MR pack wants to know what your MR pack is doing next weekend? Mine wants to go scout out a grizzly spot....

:D

#1 - You don't have a bed.

#2 - There were multiple creek crossings involved. They might have been knee deep and I know how you feel about creek crossings. Maybe you should have asked Seacat to custom insert an inflatable PFD in your pack??

#3 - My MR pack says to tell your MR pack that she doesn't have plans next weekend and finds your offer acceptable.

Last edited:
What is his name? Are you happy together?

He didn't tell you?

His name is Auto. WDH likes to call him by his pet name potato (puh-ta-toe) He's a big bodied blond. Happy doesn't begin to describe their relationship.

Total let down on the thread title. I was expecting something totally different :(

Did you know you can only fit 3 moose sheds in a crew cab? Weak.

With my next unemployment check I'm buying a 6500 bag....

Nice pack and pictures. I hope my 12 year old who likes to look at your guy's hunting pictures doesn't ask me about the title of this thread.:(

Total let down on the thread title. I was expecting something totally different :(

In the backpacks and camping gear forum?? :confused:

I've seen some kinky sh-tuf go down; but I've yet to see backpack straps used in that manner.

Next great video there: Mystery Snatch; strap-on and buckle-down

Back