Need a replacement BOSS

bucky1

Hey Guys,
New to posting here, but have been following all the friendly banter for awhile now. I figure if anyone can help in my search, it might be someone from here......situation, have a winchester model 70 that i bought new back in mid 90s... its black/synthetic, and had the BOSS system on it that had the actual porting and muzzle brake. The rifle was stolen a few years back, and then recovered by the police. The rifle stock had been sawed off and the BOSS had been unscrewed and removed. I will obviously be looking to replace stock, but in the meantime, i've called Browning, who in turn told me they sold all their BOSS inventory to Western Gun Parts, who then told me they didn't have any so I should try Midwest Gunworks. Well no luck there either, the only ones they have are the CR BOSS, which isn't the ported. Anyways, just curious if anyone had insight/suggestions on other avenues?? One of the people I talked to basically told me my only bet would be to find one off of a gun that is for sale, but I find hard to believe..

I'd call around to gunsmiths and see if they have one laying around. Otherwise, set up a date with a smith and have the threads cut off.

Bucky, I'm pretty sure I have a ported BOSS that I screwed off of a Winchester 22-250 and replaced. That sucker was loud with the porting and who needs recoil reduction for a 22-250? I'm at work right now but I will try to remember to check at home to see if I still have it. Would this work?

I appreciate the response, but from what i'm told, I think the BOSS is caliber specific! after quite a number of conversations, i think i need to just take to a gunsmith and have him cut, rethread, and make a custom break.. thanks again everyone for advice/suggestions

Back