CameralandNY?

Goldtip

Has anyone used this company to purchase optics? Have heard some good things about them over on Bowsite, and just wondered if anyone here had any experience purchasing optics through them? Thanks for any input.

I want to be in NoHarley's will..... just for the optics.... He is always giving good references on places he buys optics, but it seems like he buys optics from EVERYONE.....

I you happen to be looking for swarovski optics, one great place to look is at the Rocky Montain Bighorn Society. They always sell at the lowest-allowed price (set by Swaro for ALL retailers), and the required mark-up is a tax-deductible contribution--and the money goes to put sheep on the mountain. All good things. I have bought through them and they were fast and as just as cheap as cameraland, Cabela's etc.

For me it was a choice to have the 'profit' go to a good cause instead of a corporation.

I've never bought from them but it seems like he's got a lot of connections, he's always got great factory-second deals and what not. Lots of positive feedback from a bunch of different forums too.

Thanks for all the info guys, and I'll check out the RMBS as well.

Cameraland NY is the BEST place to buy high end optics IMHO.
They give great, honest advice; have great prices (the best I've found) and great service (fast shipping).
Give em a call, talk to Doug or Joel, ask questions. These guys know optics.
Doug is very active on the internet; you can find him at Monster Muley’s, 24 HR campfire and a few other hunting related sites.
I have 2 pair of binoculars (Leica & Minox) and a camera (Lumix) purchased from them, and never any problems.
Keep in mind, they don't carry Leupold, or some other brands.

Cameraland is great to work with. However, if you are buying Swarovski, I would highly recommend RMBS. :)

I just purchased a Nikon D90 from Joel three weeks ago. Free shipping and a good discount.

Last weekend the flash on the camera started to act up and Joel said ship it back and he will send me another. It just went out yesterday, so we will see how it goes.

Joel was a pleasure to talk to on the phone and very prompt with emails pre-purchase. Very happy with the coompany.

Great outfit...in spite of hailing from NY....some of the best prices going.

You won't be disappointed with them.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back