MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Minox Rifle Scopes

If I was going to spend that kinda money I would just by a leupold I know they will be in businuss in 10 years if it needed repair. Just my opinion

Here's a review:
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...89/Minox_ZA_5_2_10x40_Review_Part#Post3831789

174- Minox is not a new company and I wouldn't be worried about them closing doors. FWIW. Don't get me wrong, I like Leupolds products, but I don't think they offer one with the features of the scope Kiwi's asking about for that same price.
True I myself though would just rather spend that kinda money or spend a little more on a good leupold and buy it once.

True I myself though would just rather spend that kinda money or spend a little more on a good leupold and buy it once.

Why do you doubt Minox's equipment? It is hard to think anyone would promote inferior American optics over German optics.

You are aware that Minox was building stuff long before WWII? I am guessing they have as good a chance of being around in 10 years as Leupold.

I myself just dont see minox scopes winning any benchrest comps.I am just giving my opinion thats all not looking for a fight.

noharley- They definitely looks like a contender for many of the "big names" to have to deal with.

JC- I wouldn't doubt the quality of their glass that's for sure. Heck, they made the original spy cameras!! 'Twill be interesting to see how durable they are. They definitely seem to offer lots for the $$.

174- I'd be interesting to see the results of BR matches that you are referencing?

You realize Minox is affiliated with Leica? It is, and it is good stuff.

Thanks fulla's and Points cheers on the review a good read:) I have put a 4.5-14 Clearidge on my Husky 1640 in 6.5x55 brilliant scope, shot it in at a mates farm at 100 metres then out to 600 metres great adjustments, upgrading my .17hmr .223 .243 and another 6.5 to new scopes selling off the 3 to 10's and upgrading to 3-15's or 4-16's getting older now and the extra magnifiation does help, still keeping the conquest 2.5-8 on my bush rifles 7.5x57 9.3x62 for the tight stuff.

Cheers
Jeff.

Would you pay that kind of money for a Leica scope? Same same Minox. They are made using the same lenses and the same processes by the same people.

Leica scopes are not the top choice of benchrest shooters either sorry id stick with the leupold.If minox and leica work for you guys stick with them and use what you are comfortable with.

Well fulla's ordering the 2-10 for the Brno .243 and the 3-15 for the Husqvarna in 6.5x55, the .243 will be my dedicated Chamois/Fallow deer rifle, the 6x55 dedicated Tahr/Mountain rifle, leaving the Zeiss 2.5-8 on the Brno 7x57 and Husqvarna 9.3x62 for the up close and intimate stuff, just gotta sort out the small and big chit now:D

Cheers
Jeff

p.s. The Tahr hunt will be in the 2nd week of October again this year.

I think you've made a good choice Jeff. I look forward to a report when you get a chance.

Leica scopes are not the top choice of benchrest shooters either sorry id stick with the leupold.If minox and leica work for you guys stick with them and use what you are comfortable with.

What is the top choice for BR shooters?

I'm confused, how did this turn into what BR shooters use?

One thing I like is that Minox kept the weights down, as in close to Leupold light for similar scopes. If'n I was in the market for a scope right now I'd give them a hard look.

here's a thought for 174: don't know where you grew up but I lived my first 44 years 4 miles from Leupold's front doors - I think a lot of most of their products AND customer service philosophy ... so do they ........ What ever brought you to the conclusion that Leupold has superior stuff to the European scopes ? Until 10 years ago they were not even in the running, their main focus was competing with other US makers as the Japanese stuff - I've long ago lost count of the Leupolds I've owned, acquired for others and strongly recommended but I've also been to the factory many times to return messed up or faulty scopes for myself and others - "American made" is a great thing but, in the interest of fairness you should compare "apples to apples" - I have a VX3 4.5x14x40mm I purchased through the licensed guide program that cost me a bit over $400 (would have been a lot more if I wasn't a licensed guide), I am holding a 3x15x42mm in my hand that cost me $320 - Now, I don't know your math but mine says I have $80 to spend on components - I am holding my final judgement until I've hunted the Minox to make sure it stays together - In closing I offer this comment ... I have a Minox binocular I paid under $400 for that out performs the Leupold gold rings I have stunningly - I "get" that Leupold has put all their marbles into the "scope arena" but IF they are as universally excellent, as you claim, just why is it that Leupold can't seem to compete with the Europeans on that platform ? Heck, Bushnell has beat them out in the rangefinding binocular contest already and Leupold's handheld rangefinder, IMHO, is abysmal in comparison

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back